Home

Player Attribute Inflation...AGAIN!

This is a discussion on Player Attribute Inflation...AGAIN! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #129
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Player Attribute Inflation...AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Yeah...EA has some things quite jacked up. What is the point of having ratings range from 12-99 if you don't ever go below 50 for some of these ratings?

On this me and you agree whole heartedly!

Donny Moore, if you happen to peek at this thread again, please at least explain your logic for players SPD(speed) rating. I have NEVER understood why that rating would vary from one position to another. 40 times are universal, there is no such thing as position specific 40 clocking. I really want to understand how Maden can continue to have faster players with speed ratings lower than slower players.

Sometimes I feel like Im in the Twilight Zone concerining next-gen Madden. I cant understand how so many people can honestly believe it when they say this is a NFL sim game. I honestly believe the only thing EA wants from the NFL for Madden is it's player names and team trademarks. Everything else for Madden, they just want to invent themselves, IMO. Doesnt seem that they intend for next-gen Madden and beyond to be NFL sim besides the NFL branding. I think the intention is to create some kind of Madden sim brand of video game football that EA can innovate. I guess this is their startegy to combat the competition when and if the exclusive NFL license is over.

I dont enjoy the NFL because it resembles Madden, I try to enjoy Madden because it is supposed to be a simulation of the NFL.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #130
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Player Attribute Inflation...AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
On this me and you agree whole heartedly!

Donny Moore, if you happen to peek at this thread again, please at least explain your logic for players SPD(speed) rating. I have NEVER understood why that rating would vary from one position to another. 40 times are universal, there is no such thing as position specific 40 clocking. I really want to understand how Maden can continue to have faster players with speed ratings lower than slower players.

Sometimes I feel like Im in the Twilight Zone concerining next-gen Madden. I cant understand how so many people can honestly believe it when they say this is a NFL sim game. I honestly believe the only thing EA wants from the NFL for Madden is it's player names and team trademarks. Everything else for Madden, they just want to invent themselves, IMO. Doesnt seem that they intend for next-gen Madden and beyond to be NFL sim besides the NFL branding. I think the intention is to create some kind of Madden sim brand of video game football that EA can innovate. I guess this is their startegy to combat the competition when and if the exclusive NFL license is over.

I dont enjoy the NFL because it resembles Madden, I try to enjoy Madden because it is supposed to be a simulation of the NFL.
So according to EA...

If a DT runs a 5.00 and a QB runs a 5.00, then the QB would have a speed of 70 and the DT a speed of 40...

wonderful...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »