Home

What is Consecutive Tackling?

This is a discussion on What is Consecutive Tackling? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 11:44 PM   #73
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: What is Consecutive Tackling?

I stand by my original statement that it's an eyesore when it happens, but it doesn't happen every play, or even every other play.

I just played a game and saw 4 man tackles(with noone falling over) and 3 man tackles.

This is for NCAA.

The other tackling I wish they would get rid of is the wrestler move. I've seen that happen from time to time as well.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 10

Its a very sad/unfortunet/fustrating thing that EA cant get 2 guys to hit 1 ball carrier. Yet they can get 8 (when they feel like it). I dont get this at all. I thought the whole point of interuptible changes in animations was just for that. If you can break out of any animation. Why cant a second defender interupt 1 tackle animation?

I am no game developer, but how hard can this be? This is one of the biggest parts of football and yet when I hear there working on Stadium music and blah blah.........How about we get fundemental football correct first and worry about other aspects of the game later.

I cannot stand when my cpu teammate is holding a player up and I come to clean it up...only to bounce of the hidden force field. We are 6-7 years into next gen and we cant emulate last gen animations........Why is this? Lack of talent? Do they not have the know how? Maybe they dont care?

Whatever it is its a dam shame cause its huge part if football and it just looks and plays silly in the games. I guess im gonna have to hope for a physics based game next year for this to be fixed.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:46 AM   #75
MVP

OVR: 21

here is a video where apex demonstrates the issue...

I'm not a follower or a *****, but this guy has a point here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa2s-Z1jV3E

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

Last edited by jvaccaro; 07-19-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #76
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

^^^^^

I don't think anyone is saying he doesn't have a point. I've seen it happen in NCAA 11 sporadically.

My point is that when it happens, it an eyesore and should be fixed. It just doesn't happen on every play or every other play.

I just played another NCAA game and it didn't happen once during the game.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #77
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Okay... it just felt that it was directed towards me since I basically started the discussion about it.

The discussion was started before you actually by rgiles, but it wasn't exactly directed towards him either. As I said before this type of viewpoint is nothing new. I've seen it countless times before. Long before this thread was made. I was speaking generally more than anything, but like I said before, I did confess to thinking that you were in that camp as well.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:46 AM   #78
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
^^^^^

I don't think anyone is saying he doesn't have a point. I've seen it happen in NCAA 11 sporadically.

My point is that when it happens, it an eyesore and should be fixed. It just doesn't happen on every play or every other play.

I just played another NCAA game and it didn't happen once during the game.

I've seen MANY people argue that he doesn't have a point about any of his videos. You need look no further than the countless "if you don't like the game, then get off our site" posts.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #79
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I've seen MANY people argue that he doesn't have a point about any of his videos. You need look no further than the countless "if you don't like the game, then get off our site" posts.
In my opinion, it's difficult to debate he doesn't have a point. I just don't have the time to spend watching 8 to 10 minute videos.

The one that was posted just recently for Madden 10 in here would be ideal.

I just wish the reviewers on YouTube would toss a few positives in their videos as well. It looks like Versous(sp) is starting to do that with NCAA, which is nice to see.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #80
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
In my opinion, it's difficult to debate he doesn't have a point. I just don't have the time to spend watching 8 to 10 minute videos.

The one that was posted just recently for Madden 10 in here would be ideal.

I just wish the reviewers on YouTube would toss a few positives in their videos as well. It looks like Versous(sp) is starting to do that with NCAA, which is nice to see.

I'm not saying you, but I have seen people say that he doesn't have a point. That's all I'm saying. Part of that is because they don't like how long the vidz are. Again, not talking about you, but since you brought it up, I'm mentioning it, because it's relevant. Part of it is because people don't like his "ghetto" vernacular. And part of it, maybe the biggest part, is because there are many people that just can't stand to hear anyone say anything bad about Madden. Under any circumstance. Ever.

As someone that has been to many forums besides OS and discussed Madden for years, I assure you that this is the case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »