Home

What is Consecutive Tackling?

This is a discussion on What is Consecutive Tackling? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: What is Consecutive Tackling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
It's really a shame you have no interest in playing 2k football, because that is something they have done extremely well. It is also what makes the players on the field feel very alive. They captured all of the contact that happens "away" from the play very well, and it's really cool to see it happen onto where the play is.
I'll never take anything away from the 2K football nor will I disparage it in any way... It is a great series. I can and have enjoyed WATCHING the interactions of players on 2K in spite of the fact that I have no interest in playing it. No doubt, 2K is and has always been a beautiful game. One that I can appreciate solely on the basis of it's aesthetics...

But when it comes to PLAYING the game, nothing has ever touched the intuitive and instinctive "feel" of Madden. Even though it's not as pretty, Madden has plenty of merit as a FUN GAME even though it has many areas where it can improve.

Later
Old 07-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #18
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I'll never take anything away from the 2K football nor will I disparage it in any way... It is a great series. I can and have enjoyed WATCHING the interactions of players on 2K in spite of the fact that I have no interest in playing it. No doubt, 2K is and has always been a beautiful game. One that I can appreciate solely on the basis of it's aesthetics...

But when it comes to PLAYING the game, nothing has ever touched the intuitive and instinctive "feel" of Madden. Even though it's not as pretty, Madden has plenty of merit as a FUN GAME even though it has many areas where it can improve.

Later
WTF? LOL! Nothing "ever" will as long as you refuse to PLAY other football games.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:16 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
As far as lying, maybe it's more of a personal issue, but I've witnessed him tell lies. Or rather, I've seen him fabricate the truth to elevate himself and his own rep. When community day went down last year, he was one of the vocal ones in saying why all of us collectively shouldn't have been invited.
I have a question.At community day did anybody bring up the subject of Consecutive tackling?And what was there answer? If you can't answer then don't worry about it.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 21

the thing about this issue is that it affects gameplay and it can be VERY Frustrating...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has played in tournaments or just is a competitive person.....usually we know what to do in this situation...or what we have to do...

if someone is engaged with one of your teammates....all you can do is just sit back and wait to see what happens before getting closer to the action....because you might bounce off the players....and that offensive player has one less person to ran past if he breaks that animation.. (I'm not even going to call it a tackle)...

that is not what football is about.....it is unacceptable....

heck even in Madden 07 for the PS3...there was *gang tackling*.......sure, there were only 2 defenders possible, and the animation was the exact same each time...but atleast you knew you were going to bring the ball career down.....and you didn't feel cheated.

other football games this gen don't have this problem.....EA Sports has lots upon lots of resources....again this is unacceptable... and shouldn't be brushed off by the community.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #21
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
But people do take what he says as gospel. They do. He has 'fans' that cling to every word he says and they'll argue you up and down to prove his point.

As far as lying, maybe it's more of a personal issue, but I've witnessed him tell lies. Or rather, I've seen him fabricate the truth to elevate himself and his own rep. When community day went down last year, he was one of the vocal ones in saying why all of us collectively shouldn't have been invited. He then inferred that we were all down there kissing tails and not trying to improve the game. Now honestly, I'm not really concerned about Apex nor do I wake up every day with this on my mind. But you said that he doesn't tell lies and I just wanted to present a caveat to that...

Yes, you have to name the issues something. We just have different thoughts on that apparently. When I see people running with his coin-phrases, I most times think of the person as an Apex-follower. Doesn't mean I'm right nor justified in my thinking. But it's my thinking...shallow as it may seem. Here's a scenario of what I'm referring to:

1. Apex drops a video blog detailing a perceived issue with the game and names it "Horse Catching" (fake example). "EA, stop the HORSE CATCHING! Truth Chasers...I'm out".

2. Random OSer sees the video and within minutes creates this thread: "EA ENOUGH OF THE HORSE CATCHING". Inside the thread, it says "Fix this crap! Watch the video!"

That to me, is when the gamer appears to be a follower and taking Apex's words as the gospel truth. We can agree to disagree though .

We're talking about different things then. When I said he didn't lie I was talking about his videos pointing out an issue in a video. To me that isn't a truth or lie thing. What he points out is in the video for all to see. You either think it's an issue or you don't, but he isn't making anything up. It obviously happens in the video.

What you are talking about is something deeper and more personal that I have no knowledge of, because I don't "follow" Apex like that to know all that.

I think he's funny. I think that he makes good points. It isn't always as coherent as I would like, but I don't hold it against him. It's entertainment. People that get all mad about the videos, to me are funny. People on this site actually hate him just because he makes videos. That I can never understand. I'm not saying that you hate him like that, and even if you do, you may have other reasons besides his vidz that you do, but there are people on this site that hate him JUST because he makes Madden vidz. That's psycho to me.

As far as people that use his phrases, being a follower, then I guess like Redman says, "I'll be that", if you want. Madden issues can take on a life all their own. Sales are dropping, but interest in Madden as an entity is still high. It's a galvanizing title. Talk of it's issues is rampant all over the internet. Things get picked up and run with. Whether it's from Apex or other mediums, catchphrases stick. I don't tend to use most of them, as I have my own, but I don't think any less of myself that when someone DOES use an Apex "catchphrase", that I know what they mean.

It is what it is.

Last edited by Only1LT; 07-16-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #22
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
But people do take what he says as gospel. They do. He has 'fans' that cling to every word he says and they'll argue you up and down to prove his point.

As far as lying, maybe it's more of a personal issue, but I've witnessed him tell lies. Or rather, I've seen him fabricate the truth to elevate himself and his own rep. When community day went down last year, he was one of the vocal ones in saying why all of us collectively shouldn't have been invited. He then inferred that we were all down there kissing tails and not trying to improve the game. Now honestly, I'm not really concerned about Apex nor do I wake up every day with this on my mind. But you said that he doesn't tell lies and I just wanted to present a caveat to that...

Yes, you have to name the issues something. We just have different thoughts on that apparently. When I see people running with his coin-phrases, I most times think of the person as an Apex-follower. Doesn't mean I'm right nor justified in my thinking. But it's my thinking...shallow as it may seem. Here's a scenario of what I'm referring to:

1. Apex drops a video blog detailing a perceived issue with the game and names it "Horse Catching" (fake example). "EA, stop the HORSE CATCHING! Truth Chasers...I'm out".

2. Random OSer sees the video and within minutes creates this thread: "EA ENOUGH OF THE HORSE CATCHING". Inside the thread, it says "Fix this crap! Watch the video!"

That to me, is when the gamer appears to be a follower and taking Apex's words as the gospel truth. We can agree to disagree though .
this has nothing to do with Apex, really.
Why are you letting your obvious hatred for Apex cloud your judgment about an obvious and serious flaw in this game?

I know you are one of the more "respected" members here when it comes to Madden, but come on bro..

Players bouncing of of an invisible force field when a runner is already engaged by a defender is undeniable, and its a HUGE problem with this game.

I really don't care what Apex calls it.. the fact is that its there in the game and it needs to be fixed.. this is not about Apex..
Old 07-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
this has nothing to do with Apex, really.
Why are you letting your obvious hatred for Apex cloud your judgment about an obvious and serious flaw in this game?

I know you are one of the more "respected" members here when it comes to Madden, but come on bro..

Players bouncing of of an invisible force field when a runner is already engaged by a defender is undeniable, and its a HUGE problem with this game.

I really don't care what Apex calls it.. the fact is that its there in the game and it needs to be fixed.. this is not about Apex..
This is the first time I've heard of "Consecutive Tackling." Probably because I don't peruse You Tube City. Instead, I wait two months after the term is "coined" at OS. This is an eyesore with NCAA this year, and I'm sure it will be with Madden this year. (There is a thread over in NCAA about this very topic, even the people that posted in the thread note that it needs to be fixed, NCAA is still a great game)

We all know it won't be in this years game or even a patch. I am hoping that Madden will try to make "Protac" less warpy.

I just think the timing isn't right to bring up consecutive tackles at this time. Anytime after release date would be a preference.

I just don't think the Madden team is "focused" on addressing consecutive tackles at this time.

Last edited by roadman; 07-16-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I just think the timing isn't right to bring up consecutive tackles at this time. Anytime after release date would be a preference.
Why Its part of the gameplay? You know and I know Consecutive tackles will not be in the final build.(And if it is in the game, I take back what I said.)

Why wait after the release to talk about Consecutive tackles?(Madden going to sell 2 million any ways.Yes I know it can't be patch.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »