Home

Madden NFL 11 Demo Video (Via Gamespot)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Demo Video (Via Gamespot) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 07:56 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 14
He actually did say lester. hopefully bugs like these are just in the demo. but Im skipping the game till christmas and getting nhl when it comes out
Old 07-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #34
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 11 Demo Video (Via Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Read the quote above your post.

Ian explains it on Twitter.
yup. saw it after i hit submit.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:00 PM   #35
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Here's another gameplay video of the demo

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/maddennfl11/video/6269376/madden-nfl-11-gameplay-movie-j-e-t-s-jets-jets-jets-#toggle_video
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
What Ian is saying is that they had to take out some of Gus' commentary to fit it in the demo.
Right...but it's still way too late. And if it sounds so poor on the demo, why did they even choose to put it in halfheartedly?

Honestly, I think the Madden audio crew needs to go and have new blood hired...they've been pretty bad for awhile now (writing, implementing AND choosing announcers) and I'm not sure why they still have their job.

Gameplay looks alright, just boring and stale to me.

I honestly can't believe their 'big thing' is gameflow this year. In some interviews Ian just sounds kind of defeated and apathetic, like he's getting pressure from management on how to develop the game and they're restraining his creativity.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #37
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
there it is again...coach calls it perfectly..."let's pound the ball up the middle on this run. And if they blitz maybe we can evade and get a big gain."...then BOOM!!! the exact thing he just said happens...scripted
Old 07-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
Right...but it's still way too late. And if it sounds so poor on the demo, why did they even choose to put it in halfheartedly?

Honestly, I think the Madden audio crew needs to go and have new blood hired...they've been pretty bad for awhile now (writing, implementing AND choosing announcers) and I'm not sure why they still have their job.

Gameplay looks alright, just boring and stale to me.

I honestly can't believe their 'big thing' is gameflow this year. In some interviews Ian just sounds kind of defeated and apathetic, like he's getting pressure from management on how to develop the game and they're restraining his creativity.
They already hired a new sound man. I don't think it's the writing or choosing of announcers(except for Hammond), just the way it's implemented.

I don't know if your last paragraph has any merit. Ian already admitted he hates the camera. The developer series turned from a 2 hour job to a 6 hr job. If that happened to me, I'd be pretty ugly looking too.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:02 PM   #39
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus205
Delay of game....On the announcer

5 yard penalty, repeat 1st down.

wait.. what?!?!?!

Old 07-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 11

The commentary from Gux Johnson and the coordinator talking about the play don't match well.
The Coordinator sounds so calm, and then out of nowhere Gus just comes out screaming the action lol.

I don't think Gus Johnson is a good choice for a video game announcer, he screams whenever he talks, he doesn't sound right in a videogame. Only way he would work if there were two announcers, one calm one, and one Gus.... in his screaming glory lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »