Home

Why Is Madden Better or Worse Than ESPN?

This is a discussion on Why Is Madden Better or Worse Than ESPN? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-25-2003, 11:08 AM   #25
MVP

DaHokieBird's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Why Is Madden Better or Worse Than ESPN?

It's going to be tough this year. ESPN is coming along nicely, but Madden has been king forever. It is going to take something special to become the new king. I would just wait for the reviews.

But the one thing I hated about the NFL2K_/ESPN were the playbooks. I couldn't stand those. I don't know if they are changed this year.

Thanks,
DaHokieBird
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2003, 01:07 PM   #26
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

DaHokieBird said:
It's going to be tough this year. ESPN is coming along nicely, but Madden has been king forever. It is going to take something special to become the new king. I would just wait for the reviews.

But the one thing I hated about the NFL2K_/ESPN were the playbooks. I couldn't stand those. I don't know if they are changed this year.

Thanks,
DaHokieBird

Can you go into more detail. What was it that you didn't like about the playbooks exactly? The names of the books? The setup of how you go about picking the plays? Did you think the plays were just corney or something? I only felt that VC should have given the defensive playbooks (while still effective) more options per-team. I just personally felt that their wasn't enough defensive plays/books per-team. I would have personally like more to work with.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:23 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

your kidding right the DB make some of the worse decisions I have ever seen. ALOT
Old 07-26-2003, 02:59 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Some of you actually liked the gameplay of NFL 2K3? I thought it was quite possibly one of the worst football games gameplay wise I have ever played. The long-jump-ess tackles from 5 yards away were something out of a Blitz game, the dropped passes every time you got knicked were annoying as well. I really loved NFL 2K and 2K1 on the Dreamcast, but I am just not feeling Sega Football on the PS2. I just prefer Madden in almost every aspect. Is hte ESPN presentation hot..well yea but since I have World Series Baseball 2k3 and NBA 2k3/4(will get) it is not a really big draw for me because I already have that feature on my other games. I think the Owner Mode is going to be absolutely sick. I will probably wait to get Madden though because I am so hooked on NCAA 2004(my fv game ever). Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-26-2003, 09:46 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

dont say Espns presentation will b the same it is completely re done wit hnfl countdown with chris berman the weekly wrap up in sportscenter style with highlights of big games and great halftime shows
Old 07-26-2003, 08:02 PM   #30
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

DmoneyH3 said:
Some of you actually liked the gameplay of NFL 2K3? I thought it was quite possibly one of the worst football games gameplay wise I have ever played. The long-jump-ess tackles from 5 yards away were something out of a Blitz game, the dropped passes every time you got knicked were annoying as well. I really loved NFL 2K and 2K1 on the Dreamcast, but I am just not feeling Sega Football on the PS2. I just prefer Madden in almost every aspect. Is hte ESPN presentation hot..well yea but since I have World Series Baseball 2k3 and NBA 2k3/4(will get) it is not a really big draw for me because I already have that feature on my other games. I think the Owner Mode is going to be absolutely sick. I will probably wait to get Madden though because I am so hooked on NCAA 2004(my fv game ever). Just my 2 cents.

here's your 2 cents back.

Most, if not all the flaws from 2k3 have been addressed. Did you NOT read the big *** beta review thread on the ESPN forum?

Old 07-27-2003, 12:07 AM   #31
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

DmoneyH3 said:

here's your 2 cents back.

Most, if not all the flaws from 2k3 have been addressed. Did you NOT read the big *** beta review thread on the ESPN forum?

Don't waste your time Kanobi. He's just rambling on about how 2k sucks and that he's getting Madden like anyone cares.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2003, 09:48 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 8

yeah sega football sucks i give it a try every year but madden blows it away

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »