Home

Grass textures

This is a discussion on Grass textures within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2003, 10:19 PM   #1
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Grass textures

(Based on all of the screens and videos to date) Why the hell are the grass textures in the Gamecube version MUCH better and detailed than the Xbox version, when obviously the Xbox is a more powerful console? Like in the screens/videos, you can see the rough texture of the blades of grass in the GC version, whereas the Xbox version the grass looks like a smooth field with little detail unless you zoom in close. (In the videos you can tell which version you are watching by looking at the passing icons.) Not only that but the Xbox grass still appears to have that "hasn't been watered in weeks" look, almost grey-ish in color -- the grass seems much greener on the GC version. Maybe it's because I only own an Xbox
Anyone else see this?

^ Xbox ^

^ GC ^

Those are the 2 most similar pics I could find. Here are 2 videos:
Xbox video
GC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2003, 01:24 AM   #2
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: Grass textures

I can see the difference you see. I don't know why that is though ...
Old 07-23-2003, 01:28 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yes very good question.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:58 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

i have noticed that to in other games. look at ncaa for x-box. all the football fields look like turf to me. when i see the ps2 version or qube, it look's more like grass. i guess ea dosent give any love to you x-box gamers or the x-box can't make those kind of textures. it seems even fever seemed to look like the fields were all turf as well. just my thoughts.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:06 AM   #5
Rookie

MattRobinson17's Arena

OVR: 6

I have NCAA 2004 for xbox and the field looks exactly the same, it's kind of disappointing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2003, 08:56 AM   #6
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

great, it wasn't just me who noticed this -- gotdamnit
Xbox has far superior hardware, there's no excuse for this
Old 07-23-2003, 09:00 AM   #7
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

MGOBLUE97 said:
i have noticed that to in other games. look at ncaa for x-box. all the football fields look like turf to me. when i see the ps2 version or qube, it look's more like grass. i guess ea dosent give any love to you x-box gamers or the x-box can't make those kind of textures. it seems even fever seemed to look like the fields were all turf as well. just my thoughts.

It's no secret that EA shows no love to xbox. Personally I think the best grass textures are in Fever.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:13 AM   #8
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

iLLWiLL said:
(Based on all of the screens and videos to date) Why the hell are the grass textures in the Gamecube version MUCH better and detailed than the Xbox version, when obviously the Xbox is a more powerful console? Like in the screens/videos, you can see the rough texture of the blades of grass in the GC version, whereas the Xbox version the grass looks like a smooth field with little detail unless you zoom in close. (In the videos you can tell which version you are watching by looking at the passing icons.) Not only that but the Xbox grass still appears to have that "hasn't been watered in weeks" look, almost grey-ish in color -- the grass seems much greener on the GC version. Maybe it's because I only own an Xbox
Anyone else see this?

^ Xbox ^

^ GC ^

Those are the 2 most similar pics I could find. Here are 2 videos:
Xbox video
GC

hate to tell u this but the GC's graphics r better then the PS2 and just as good as xbox or better

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »