Home

So the biggest announcement is for NEXT year's game?

This is a discussion on So the biggest announcement is for NEXT year's game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 08:04 PM   #9
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: So the biggest announcement is for NEXT year's game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raguel
When I first read that, I read it as a statement that Madden 12 would be about franchise, but after re-reading it just now, there's nothing in that article that even implies that. I should have made that my Madden question.
Quote:
Since we are starting with a clean canvas heading into Madden NFL 12, we want the community to help us shape our direction- starting NOW. Let us know what you’d like to see in Madden career modes in the future. We’re not just looking for small add-ons either. We want your big ideas. What would revolutionize career modes in your opinion?
That definitely implies Madden 12 will have changes in franchise and superstar
Old 07-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
I have a feeling a lot of people are in for a major disappointment next year already. Nowhere has EA ever said they will have a brand new franchise mode next year. They said "in the future." No one knows what that means in EA's mind. But I wouldn't put my money on next year, that's for sure.
Bro from the blog Phil did a few months back. He already said that they had a team together to redo the whole franchise mode for 2012. So that means the main focus for this coming year is franchise mode. They have already put a special team together to work on franchise mode already as Phil has stated. The franchise mode will be redone and ready for madden 2012. What gives the idea that you have to wait beyond madden 2012 to get a deep franchsie mode when it will be in madden 12 itself.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Bro from the blog Phil did a few months back. He already said that they had a team together to redo the whole franchise mode for 2012. So that means the main focus for this coming year is franchise mode. They have already put a special team together to work on franchise mode already as Phil has stated. The franchise mode will be redone and ready for madden 2012. What gives the idea that you have to wait beyond madden 2012 to get a deep franchsie mode when it will be in madden 12 itself.
He didn't say that either

Quote:
We have already assembled a team fully dedicated on setting the vision for what Franchise and SuperStar modes can and should be in the future.
Nowhere does he state that they are going to redo the entire franchise mode for '12.

Madden '12 will be the first step(clean canvas reference) in re-building the franchise mode. In my opinion it will take several installments before they are able to incorporate everything that gamers want and that the franchise mode actually needs to be in-depth.

Hopefully they will be able to use Head Coach as a tool to help quicken the process. We'll see.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #12
Banned

msajeff's Arena

OVR: 2

Good to see you Kev....looks like you're angling towards a job at EA for PR with all the sugar you've been pouring on this turd. From one turd of an employer to another I guess... lol j/k (sorta) In the blog post they said it'd take over a year just focusing on franchise in order to rebuild in. Here's my concern....if that's the case are we to expect that any gameplay improvements will be backburnered until 13? Also, if there is a lockout/strike, I could see them using this as an excuse to delay/cancel 12. To be clear, I am buying Madden and have every year, I'm not a 2K fanboy....actually can't stand a lot of their games. I'm also someone who owns all three systems...was 360 exclusively until HD-DVD died.

As gamers we should have seen this crap from the past few years coming the minute they hired Peter Moore. For starters, this is a guy who came up with the scheme to charge people for a service Sony was giving away for free and thus cripple any system that did not pay the extortion fee. He then nickle and dimed everything on the 360....wireless adaptor? check. Avatars? check. Limited access to demos upon release? check. And then EA hired him and he pushed this Online Access pass crap (which again if you are on the 360 you either lose $10 of value on your new game unless you pay the extortion fee he imposed while at M$), selling these stupid accelerators, stadiums/jerseys, and last but not least, modes/skill levels that have in the past been in the retail version from Day 1. So excuse me if I don't believe one word Moore, Cummings, or any of their Game Changers (aka EA fanboys/buttkissers) are pushing. It's sad that since Moore came around they went from a very diverse group of community leaders (often the owners of the fan sites) whose collective opinions were highly credible to handpicked people based mostly on how willing they have been to act as unofficial marketing agents of EA.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:30 PM   #13
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by msajeff
Good to see you Kev....looks like you're angling towards a job at EA for PR with all the sugar you've been pouring on this turd. From one turd of an employer to another I guess... lol j/k (sorta) In the blog post they said it'd take over a year just focusing on franchise in order to rebuild in. Here's my concern....if that's the case are we to expect that any gameplay improvements will be backburnered until 13? Also, if there is a lockout/strike, I could see them using this as an excuse to delay/cancel 12. To be clear, I am buying Madden and have every year, I'm not a 2K fanboy....actually can't stand a lot of their games. I'm also someone who owns all three systems...was 360 exclusively until HD-DVD died.

As gamers we should have seen this crap from the past few years coming the minute they hired Peter Moore. For starters, this is a guy who came up with the scheme to charge people for a service Sony was giving away for free and thus cripple any system that did not pay the extortion fee. He then nickle and dimed everything on the 360....wireless adaptor? check. Avatars? check. Limited access to demos upon release? check. And then EA hired him and he pushed this Online Access pass crap (which again if you are on the 360 you either lose $10 of value on your new game unless you pay the extortion fee he imposed while at M$), selling these stupid accelerators, stadiums/jerseys, and last but not least, modes/skill levels that have in the past been in the retail version from Day 1. So excuse me if I don't believe one word Moore, Cummings, or any of their Game Changers (aka EA fanboys/buttkissers) are pushing. It's sad that since Moore came around they went from a very diverse group of community leaders (often the owners of the fan sites) whose collective opinions were highly credible to handpicked people based mostly on how willing they have been to act as unofficial marketing agents of EA.
I said they were going to make additions to Franchise mode and Superstar mode in Madden 12. How is that making them look better at all? lol

NCAA Football 11 is a very good game, so in my mind there is no reason to hate on Madden 11..Especially since I haven't played it.

Last edited by Kevin26385; 07-18-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #14
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
He didn't say that either

Nowhere does he state that they are going to redo the entire franchise mode for '12.

Madden '12 will be the first step(clean canvas reference) in re-building the franchise mode. In my opinion it will take several installments before they are able to incorporate everything that gamers want and that the franchise mode actually needs to be in-depth.

Hopefully they will be able to use Head Coach as a tool to help quicken the process. We'll see.
Well I'm putting my money on that franchise mode in madden 12 will be much deeper then madden 07 ps2 version was along with owner mode been back in madden 12 aswell.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #15
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

I expect this years Madden to be more of an expansion pack to Madden 10. I think it will be a good game, but I think it's going to get criticized for just minimum differences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by msajeff

Is there a point here somewhere?

Going from Madden 12 to Peter Moore to Community Leaders to Marketing Agents of EA?

I don't think I'm following, especially the last sentence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »