Home

So the biggest announcement is for NEXT year's game?

This is a discussion on So the biggest announcement is for NEXT year's game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 10:55 PM   #17
Banned

cornstarch's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: So the biggest announcement is for NEXT year's game?

Well Kev, from those "features" you showed me - wow. Lol. LMAO. hahahahah

Basically...if I've played Madden once before there is nothing new this year. I'm not a Madden rookie, I don't need "simpler playcalling", I don't need in-game pauses to tell me how to do things.

I know EA caters to the arcade, kid, noob crowd and totally forgets that there are millions of fans who have been buying it since 2 gens ago. I really wonder how in one year they sat around and did nothing. I'm not trying to be an *** here, this is just realistic disappointment.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:12 PM   #18
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

1) People are forgetting that the locomotion changes that are present in NCAA are also present in Madden as well. These were well-received in NCAA and it's likely that they will be well-received and slightly better tuned for the pro game release. There's no reason to not think that the change they bring to Madden will not also be a positive one.

2) I don't think people are giving GameFlow enough credit for how much it will change the game. Not that I've played it at all, I obviously haven't, but I do think that it will make a massive difference.

It does seem like the vast majority of the changes were focused on making the game more accessible for a new customer base moreso than to cater to the existing customer base; this is neither right nor wrong I don't think as EA ultimately has to do whatever it feels is best for the success for Madden. That said, I am, like many, disappointed with the lack of Franchise mode improvements this year.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 15

I'm going to be as constructive as possible with what I say here.

Some of you can't be this naive. No where does it say that franchise mode will be completely revamped by 2012. Alot of you are setting yourselves up for a dissapointment. I'm not saying that EA can't do it, but completely revamping both franchise mode AND superstar mode in ONE year???

Guys it's not gonna happen. Maybe by Madden 2015 by not 2012. Please be realistic.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #20
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornstarch
"Massive changes to franchise mode in 2012."

Is this really the truth?

It' is true that they said that, yes. We won't know if this is the case though, obviously, until 12 comes out.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #21
Pro

rooney8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
1) People are forgetting that the locomotion changes that are present in NCAA are also present in Madden as well. These were well-received in NCAA and it's likely that they will be well-received and slightly better tuned for the pro game release. There's no reason to not think that the change they bring to Madden will not also be a positive one.

2) I don't think people are giving GameFlow enough credit for how much it will change the game. Not that I've played it at all, I obviously haven't, but I do think that it will make a massive difference.

It does seem like the vast majority of the changes were focused on making the game more accessible for a new customer base moreso than to cater to the existing customer base; this is neither right nor wrong I don't think as EA ultimately has to do whatever it feels is best for the success for Madden. That said, I am, like many, disappointed with the lack of Franchise mode improvements this year.
1) Locomotion was in last year but was taking out because it was buggy. They fixed the bugs. Most of the work was done last year.
2) To me gameflow is a good idea but from what I have seen is well away from being good enough for me. The Ask Madden 2.0 critisism is fair in my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
I'm going to be as constructive as possible with what I say here.

Some of you can't be this naive. No where does it say that franchise mode will be completely revamped by 2012. Alot of you are setting yourselves up for a dissapointment. I'm not saying that EA can't do it, but completely revamping both franchise mode AND superstar mode in ONE year???

Guys it's not gonna happen. Maybe by Madden 2015 by not 2012. Please be realistic.
That's clearly what the article is saying. Don't get me wrong there's lots of bs in there to me. They fail to mention that few upgrades were made to the game as a whole this year because they were focusing on the Wii version. This is what they said for M10 franchise mode aswell so there's a reason not to believe a great M12 franchise mode is coming.
If you are familar with what Josh Looman and his team has done in the past then believe me if they are given free reign they can do alot in one year.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #22
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq

In what way? This is a serious question. I plan (ahem lol) to take advantage of Gameplan, and I think that That is a great idea that they had for the game. As far as Gameflow, I don't hate on it like many people do. I think it is a good tool for new users, and I think it will be a novel curiosity for a game or two as far as veterans are concerned, but other than that, can you explain why you think it will make a "massive difference" to the game? Not being sarcastic or combative. Just curious.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #23
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
1) Locomotion was in last year but was taking out because it was buggy. They fixed the bugs. Most of the work was done last year.
2) To me gameflow is a good idea but from what I have seen is well away from being good enough for me. The Ask Madden 2.0 critisism is fair in my eyes.

That's clearly what the article is saying. Don't get me wrong there's lots of bs in there to me. They fail to mention that few upgrades were made to the game as a whole this year because they were focusing on the Wii version. This is what they said for M10 franchise mode aswell so there's a reason not to believe a great M12 franchise mode is coming.
If you are familar with what Josh Looman and his team has done in the past then believe me if they are given free reign they can do alot in one year.

Is this accurate? I've seen this mentioned before, and I don't know that I buy it.

Many studios have separate teams for the non HD systems (ie Wii, PS2, PSP, DS, etc..) for particular games. I would imagine, that a company as big as EA would have more than one team for those platforms as well, so that shouldn't have taken any time away from the PS3/360 versions. If they don't then that is pretty unbelievable.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #24
Pro

rooney8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Is this accurate? I've seen this mentioned before, and I don't know that I buy it.

Many studios have separate teams for the non HD systems (ie Wii, PS2, PSP, DS, etc..) for particular games. I would imagine, that a company as big as EA would have more than one team for those platforms as well, so that shouldn't have taken any time away from the PS3/360 versions. If they don't then that is pretty unbelievable.
Well I believe people were let go from Tiburon after Madden10 and if they weren't working on the Wii what were the franchise team doing. I know Looman did some stuff to MUT but the Wii's franchise mode got huge upgrades. It does seem the team is small enough that they must pick what they work on now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »