Home

if madden is always better than ncaa, then we are in for a surprise:)

This is a discussion on if madden is always better than ncaa, then we are in for a surprise:) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 12:17 AM   #25
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: if madden is always better than ncaa, then we are in for a surprise:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby
NCAA 11 is a very fun game to play. Its much tighter than in the past years, plus the entire game simply runs smoother
I have to agree. It can be fun, especially if you stick to the ground game. Then again, it can be frustrating as hell. Make no mistake - Lead blocking was not fixed. They simply added blocking assignments, which aids in blocking upon the onset of a play. If your blocker doesn't have an assignment, you're pretty much hosed. Even if your blocker has an assignment, you can still lose him as he'll turn around to take his assignment out even if his assignment isn't a threat. Don't get me wrong, pathing towards blocking upon the initial hike of the ball is vastly improved, but it's hard to see improvements beyond that point.

On a side note, I believe the herky jerky movement of the EA Sports Football games lends itself well to the college atmosphere. Kind of gives it that extra feeling of excitement. Not that we don't need physics or incidental contact added in, nor does it look real, but there is an extra something there because of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 12:50 AM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
2 swats per game, including DLineman? Unless you are only throwing 4 times per game, I don't buy it. I've played on Heisman and All-American both and it's bad in either one (completed 1st full season last night). Mainly because locomotion is no where to be seen when it comes to jumping lineman who can jump in any direction 5 yards without so much as a step (this is the warp to ball issue from past Madden's).

People are complaining about not being able to throw middle screens. Why, because of the ball arc. It's too low, which causes, yep, DLineman to jump up and knock it down. No slider is going to make that ball arc better.

How many years has the ball arc been broken now? Shouldn't be that hard to fix. Especially when it has such a negative impact on the user experience.

I don't know what to say. I'm not having those issues on Varsity Level using PM's sliders.

The CB play is just right, the running and passing games are just fantastic.

Not many swats at all.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:01 AM   #27
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't know what to say. I'm not having those issues on Varsity Level using PM's sliders.

The CB play is just right, the running and passing games are just fantastic.

Not many swats at all.
I haven't tried Varsity. I'll pump it down to that level tomorrow when I get home from w*rk and count the number of swats. Try bumping it up to Heisman and see what happens (put the game on Very Slow if you need help with difficulty). Then we can compare results.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:09 AM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
I haven't tried Varsity. I'll pump it down to that level tomorrow when I get home from w*rk and count the number of swats. Try bumping it up to Heisman and see what happens (put the game on Very Slow if you need help with difficulty). Then we can compare results.
Valdarez, on Heisman, though, doesn't the CPU usually play like Superman. I think I read something along the lines in an interview , the higher up you go, the harder it is to win.

PM feels Varsity is the best playing level on NCAA and I happen to agree. I'll try Heisman tomorrow with no slider adjustments.

I think PM has threshold on 30. It's a great slider set.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:08 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like the way NCAA plays but I hate the way it feels when controlling someone. Everything feels like slow motion and I prefer the old Madden camera angles too. IDK this is my first year playing NCAA in years but I hope Madden doesnt feel this way when youre running around.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:46 AM   #30
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
I think ppl are putting NCAA on too high of a pedestal...yea it's improved but there are still glaring issues...we're basically still in the first week of it's release...let's wait a little until the "honeymoon" is over before we really judge the game
i'm waiting for that time to end as well. the overall opinion of this forum pretty much determines whether or not i'll buy a ncaa or madden game.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:28 AM   #31
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
2 swats per game, including DLineman? Unless you are only throwing 4 times per game, I don't buy it. I've played on Heisman and All-American both and it's bad in either one (completed 1st full season last night).
I might have to get a game in with you sometime to see some of this stuff. Granted, I think there have been some issues with the ball arc (M10) especially when throwing downfield and a defender 5-10 yards off the ball can deflect the pass.

But other than that, in M10 (and the NCAA demo) I've never had much problem with the D-line or LB's swatting balls. And I've been playing on All-Madden lately. Maybe I've adapted to Madden's passing game? Then again, maybe you're guilty of trying things that worked in other football games but do not work as effectively in Madden? Who knows -- I'm just trying to get a feel for why some (not I so much) think the passing game shines in Madden while you often seem to have so much trouble with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I've noticed a few times when I(user) am running the ball, the HB runs into a blocker and stays there for a few seconds. It's not even "Mario running." I just usually finally bounce off. I don't know if that if Pro-Tak engaging, either.

I hope that is what Joe is talking about. I don't notice the CPU doing this because I'm playing player lock on D and I'm focused on that players assignment. I suppose it could happen on the CPU end, too.

Maybe Joe is talking about something else.
Roadman I am talking about when the CPU runs, not when there is user running. When the CPU runs on a pitch play or a stretch...he will made hard cuts to the inside right into blockers instead of taking an open field toward the sidelines.

It happens all the time in NCAA 11 and it's a noticeable problem. It's not completely gamebreaking because the CPU RB's still get decent yards per game or have realistic stats, but its still an issue.

I play CPU vs CPU games and it happens all the time with me. I've had my CPU RB have a clear field to the endzone only to make a hard cut back toward the middle of the field like there is a magnet there and meet head-on with 4 defensive tacklers. Frustrating to say the least. I pray this problem isn't there in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »