Home

My only real worry...

This is a discussion on My only real worry... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
My only real worry...

...Is that Franchise mode will not be compelling enough.

NCAA's Dynasty mode is fantastic this year, headed mainly by the Recruiting feature, and you don't get bored of it for a long time, once again mainly due to you participating in the recruiting side all through the season.

The worry I have for Franchise mode is that it will get boring real quick with noting much to do during the entire season apart from playing all the matches, and I will end up starting a new franchise every so often and not getting past the first few games because I've got a bit bored of it.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: My only real worry...

Yea I understand what you are feeling bro. But this should all change on madden 12 when they redo the whole franchise this coming year.I know it will be hard to wait another year. But it ain't going to be that bad. I'm looking forward to madden 11. This year with the upgrade in presention and locomotion and a few other things.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Yea I understand what you are feeling bro. But this should all change on madden 12 when they redo the whole franchise this coming year.I know it will be hard to wait another year. But it ain't going to be that bad. I'm looking forward to madden 11. This year with the upgrade in presention and locomotion and a few other things.
I've never been a franchise guy, so for me it's easier to deal with. However, I would like to get into it. I would not expect franchise mode to be complete for Madden 12. They are re-writing it, so it probably won't be done for 12. Hopefully they will share all of the code for online and offline franchise and it will essentially work the same for offline AND online folks. I prefer online franchise. I think that is a fantastic idea, but they need to complete it (i.e, salary caps, trades, etc.). More people would use it then, because right now it's a bit too much work to be a commish.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
Banned

Yeah. The thing is, I'm a big Franchise/Dynasty guy, not too fond of playing games with no long term goals and effects, so its a pretty big deal in my eyes.

So I have a dilemma... I can get NCAA now for £50 ($70) or pre-order Madden for £35 ($45).

As I am a careers guy, Dynasty mode is a very big incentive (probably the biggest) for me getting NCAA, and also the recruiting feature for me is a lot more fun and immersive than just the draft, but I've never really followed college football so it would be different playing with players and teams that I don't know or follow the news on (whether this would be a good thing or not I don't know).

Another thing, which might just be me I don't know, but the colour difference between NFL and NCAA is a notable thing to me. The NFL is so much brighter and the colours of the uniforms are much brighter and stronger, bringing a big contrast between teams, whereas the NCAA uniform colours all seem to be a lot more dark and "dull" in colour. For me it just gives me a different feeling watching the two different ones play.

Last edited by chivs688; 07-20-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5

Franchise is the #1 feature for me, and it's quite lame that they didn't add anything this year. Even more lame that I still find myself playing 2k5 because the franchise mode is done better in that ancient game. Well let's hope they don't screw up in madden 12, they're doing franchise mode from the ground up next year, so it better be amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Dozer
Franchise is the #1 feature for me, and it's quite lame that they didn't add anything this year. Even more lame that I still find myself playing 2k5 because the franchise mode is done better in that ancient game. Well let's hope they don't screw up in madden 12, they're doing franchise mode from the ground up next year, so it better be amazing.
Next year will be a definite buy for me then if the overhaul of Franchise mode is completed and works. It would also solve my current dilemma that I posted from occurring next year, bar something spectacular from NCAA, but I still have no clue on which way to go this year :S

Last edited by chivs688; 07-20-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Franchise is a legitimate concern, and it's been mentioned already that it is supposed to be overhauled in M12. I agree with chivs that I hope it WORKS after the overhaul, and is not a step backwards by just one significantly debilitating flaw.

For me, I'm an offline player and live for Franchise with my Seahawks. I will say that even in it's current state, I enjoyed the hell out of M10 and played thru at least four seasons. I enjoyed the draft in it's form; it's certainly no Head Coach 09, but it was enjoyable nonetheless and I liked watching my picks perform.

So, one more year. I'm looking forward to M11 quite a bit, just for the enhancements to the graphics and gameplay. I'm playing NCAA11 now and it's got me jazzed for Madden. I expect M11 will get a lot of play time from me again this season.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 07-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 15

Guys please explain to me where on this page says that Franchise mode WILL be completely revamped for Madden 12?

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.a...atureAndUpdate

The fact remains that the words Phil Frazier uses is "in the future". He does NOT say that you will have your completely NEW and REVAMPED franchise mode ready for Madden 12.

Don't want alot of you dissapointed and hyped up when you are setting yourselves up for a letdown. Please read that blog and if I'm wrong about this then I will keep an open mind and listen to what you have to say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »