Home

Can anyone confirm that IR is fixed?

This is a discussion on Can anyone confirm that IR is fixed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Can anyone confirm that IR is fixed?

It frees up a roster spot to acquire another player to replace the one on IR. It also gives you back the cap money for that player for THAT year that he is placed on IR. This is so you can spend that money to find a replacement. It's a pretty big deal on capped years.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
It frees up a roster spot to acquire another player to replace the one on IR. It also gives you back the cap money for that player for THAT year that he is placed on IR. This is so you can spend that money to find a replacement. It's a pretty big deal on capped years.
Actually, doing a little googling I think I was right about the cap.

I found this ESPN article by Greg Easterbrook from 2007 (check out the 2nd paragraph)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...erbrook/061107

I can't seem to find anything definiative from the NFL themselves on this, but that is probably because the absence of cap at the moment makes this question invalid for the upcoming season. This was written when there was a cap.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

IR in madden has never been correct. It's why the Rosters are 55 players and not 53. That was their "fix"...

So you place someone on IR, you get his cap space back and you can sign a player as long as you weren't already at your 55 player cap. Most times this is fine, however, if you have multiple players from one position go down for any amount of time, this becomes a serious problem. You basically have to cut someone you may not have wanted too to replace the injured player.

Just lazy. One of the many reasons, in a very long list, of why they should simply reboot the entire series. Build it from the ground up. Take as long as you need.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 02:42 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 13

Well that's essentially what they say they are doing. They're rebooting the game one part at a time. Between now and Madden 12 franchise mode will have been rebooted.
What I don't get is why this wasn't done last year or the year before. They could have assigned one team to do the minor changes they are giving us and assigned another team to build a new franchise mode from the ground up as they are doing now. Instead we get to live with the same problems year after year with no hope of a fix.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:32 AM   #13
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

I know one thing for sure..if franchise isn't groundbreaking next year, it may just spell the end for Madden
Old 07-22-2010, 08:15 AM   #14
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
I know one thing for sure..if franchise isn't groundbreaking next year, it may just spell the end for Madden
What makes next year any different from this year? Last year? The year before? The year before that? It certainly wouldn't spell the end of Madden. I hope they blow us away but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

They realllllllllly need competition

final point
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 12:51 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 5

this is the reason we will never ever get accurate rosters in madden... 4 players on a NFL team are usualy on IR before the season even starts and EA end up deleteing the players to free up room

I have a bad feeling that next year they will take out the option to control all 32 teams.. if they do that im done

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »