Home

Player Progression?

This is a discussion on Player Progression? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
Rookie

jhill396's Arena

OVR: 5
Player Progression?

Any news yet on how players progress this year? I really hope it's not predetermined like years past. Kinda ruins franchise mode for me. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 12:31 AM   #2
Rookie

jhill396's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Player Progression?

does anyone know?
Old 07-22-2010, 01:18 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's the same
Old 07-22-2010, 02:26 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 13

"...we made the decision to focus this year’s development on making the core areas of Madden NFL better, namely the AI, animations, playcall, and online play. While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise..." from Madden Blog

They aren't fixing Franchise mode this year. Maybe next year
Old 07-22-2010, 05:12 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

progression wasn't predetermined last year. It just followed a progression curve and fluctuated depending on Madden factors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 05:25 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

yeah they are saying they work on gameplay. but the game looks like crap, copy and pasted locomotion is "better" and they added what 6 animations come on. WTF did they do? nothing i feel is worth paying $60 for. But i will get madden used, cause im not giving anything up i value for this game. Franchise would have been the key.

Last edited by Dramaking; 07-22-2010 at 05:27 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:29 AM   #7
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

What annoys me is this

1) the 'core' areas they did focus on haven't really been changed, in regards to gameplay most animations are the same. each year they take out a crap one from the year before but replace it with another crap one.
2) I think most Madden gamers would argue online play is NOT a core area. Franchise however, is.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

The progression needs adjustment so bad. What I don't get is that on one hand, they talked in a blog post about how they taylor made all these draft classes specifically for Madden 10, and then at the same time, scaled down the ratings of all the current rosters...but somehow these two things occurred independently of each other or something, because once I get into year 5 of my franchise, that spread out ratings scale goes out the window and everybody is an 85+ OVR like in Madden 09...How can simple things like that not be communicated during the development cycle between the people working on it? What excuses are there, really?

And I think that's a very fair criticism. If anything, it's going too easy on them. For the amount of money being spent annually on this game in addition to the fact that DLC requires additional purchases, and now if you buy used you have to pay to play online, you can end up spending a lot of money on Madden when all is said and done...So there is no excuse to not have all these problems worked out by now.

Last edited by proud2bawesome; 07-22-2010 at 01:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »