Home

Madden NFL 11 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Demo Roundtable within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #33
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Madden NFL 11 Demo Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
All I know is that Shopmaster said he likes locomotion in Madden better than NCAA and said the graphics and gameplay in Madden were both better than NCAA. After seeing the demo myself I think a lot of people are going to be surprised when they get their hands on it Tuesday.
Plus people got to remember that there is going to be a difference between the demo and final version. It's hard to judge the final version off the demo. But I did like what I saw in the live stream. The oline run blocking look good along with the pass rush blocking looked good aswell. I'm truly looking forward to the demo next tuesday.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #34
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I really have to agree with JP on this one. I respect the reviews from Chris and his partner who played the demo. But I was more impressed with the demo after seeing ShopMaster play it. I think the Demo looked good from the live stream. I can't wait to get it in my hands to try it. To be honest for anyone to really get a feel for the game itself. You need to play the demo yourself to find out. Reviews from other people are good and all. But playing itself is the best thing to do to get a good feel for the game.
I really think Madden is on par with NCAA.....not sure how that got lost in translation in this. I consider NCAA possibly the best football game ever as far as overall realism and quality, so for Madden to be pretty close is a pretty big compliment IMHO. However, I think the camp that's expecting Madden to be leaps and bounds better than NCAA will be rather disappointed. Both games are on par with each other IMHO, which isn't a bad thing for Madden....but I just don't see Madden being the GOAT right now. But it's got a chance to top NCAA, especially if they nail the presentation and atmosphere of each team in the final build. The jury is still out for sure though
Old 07-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 25
Just about exactly what i was expecting honestly. Still standing firm on my choice to wait and see what the community here thinks 1-2 weeks after release before i decide to pick it up or not.

As good as NCAA11 is...I just dont feel an urge to rush out and grab madden11 when i already have Ncaa outside of the fact of being able to play with NFL teams.

Thanks for the feedback guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #36
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
I really think Madden is on par with NCAA.....not sure how that got lost in translation in this. I consider NCAA possibly the best football game ever as far as overall realism and quality, so for Madden to be pretty close is a pretty big compliment IMHO. However, I think the camp that's expecting Madden to be leaps and bounds better than NCAA will be rather disappointed. Both games are on par with each other IMHO, which isn't a bad thing for Madden....but I just don't see Madden being the GOAT right now. But it's got a chance to top NCAA, especially if they nail the presentation and atmosphere of each team in the final build. The jury is still out for sure though
I understand where you are coming from. I played NCAA 11 for about a week and really enjoy it until someone in my household set on it and broke it. LOL It sucks that I have noextra money to fork out another copy right now. But I do hope the final verison is going to be alot better then the demo. I know this demo ain't going to be complete and it will have bugs and all. But I like what I saw from Shops Livestreaming. The only thing I saw in the live stream that you pointed out in the review was the lack of pressure on the AI QB. If you do get close to the QB, then the QB ends up throwing it away at the last second. That part sucks. But I'm hoping the best for the demo next week and the final version. You and your friend did a good review on the game.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5
Christian hit it on the head with Game Flow. It's another unnecessary feature that will only be used by new players. When will EA do something for the vets? Jeez.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #38
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
This is disappointing but, I still have high hopes. I'm just gonna have to hold my decision until I play it myself.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #39
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I understand where you are coming from. I played NCAA 11 for about a week and really enjoy it until someone in my household set on it and broke it. LOL It sucks that I have noextra money to fork out another copy right now. But I do hope the final verison is going to be alot better then the demo. I know this demo ain't going to be complete and it will have bugs and all. But I like what I saw from Shops Livestreaming. The only thing I saw in the live stream that you pointed out in the review was the lack of pressure on the AI QB. If you do get close to the QB, then the QB ends up throwing it away at the last second. That part sucks. But I'm hoping the best for the demo next week and the final version. You and your friend did a good review on the game.
Ha, until Christian gets over his man crush for MVP '05, I can't consider him a friend.....just a fellow writer (yeah I went there Christian). But I really think QB pressure will be fixed with sliders, just a hunch

Also I wrote a blog with some extended thoughts here:

http://www.operationsports.com/MMChrisS/blog/9051-a-couple-of-additional-thoughts-on-the-madden-demo/

Also, Christian is the same guy who reviewed NCAA 11 FWIW folks. He'll probably be reviewing Madden as well...just so you guys know he's pretty legit in his own right. We disagree a lot but I really do kind of like the guy...despite all of his wrong opinions (yep, I went there again)
Old 07-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #40
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Ha, until Christian gets over his man crush for MVP '05, I can't consider him a friend.....just a fellow writer (yeah I went there Christian). But I really think QB pressure will be fixed with sliders, just a hunch

Also I wrote a blog with some extended thoughts here:

http://www.operationsports.com/MMChr...e-madden-demo/

Also, Christian is the same guy who reviewed NCAA 11 FWIW folks. He'll probably be reviewing Madden as well...just so you guys know he's pretty legit in his own right. We disagree a lot but I really do kind of like the guy...despite all of his wrong opinions (yep, I went there again)
So you are saying the sliders will help the human D pass rush become better are it might help some? My only disappointment that EA has not focused on the D aspect of the game for years now. I really hope sometime in the near future they will address the D and upgrade it some.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »