Home

So what are these "lack of franchise improvements"?

This is a discussion on So what are these "lack of franchise improvements"? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #17
Banned

THE_OHIO_STATE's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: So what are these "lack of franchise improvements"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Agree with that. It was fun at first knowing I could maxamize my draft picks but after loading my team up with high potential players the game was no fun any more. Even when I tried starting over I still remembered who was good and who was not. I would still draft a guy I knew had an A potential. That gets old after a while.
Once I got bored with franchise I went back and looked at the draft classes to see if I found the gems or if I overpaid for some of my picks but that was about the only "cool" part of pre-made classes IMO.

Last edited by THE_OHIO_STATE; 07-24-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

I do believe the gameplaning mechanic will be great for meticulous people like myself. First off my biggest complaint last year was the horrible computer playcalling. (which has found its way onto NCAA this year) the cpu would continuously do these all out blitzes and get torched. So being able to set up gameplans that are a challenge will be fun.

Still i am sorely searching for the NFL head coach 09 of madden franchise mode i think everyone has wanted since 09. For any franchise heads that did not play 09 go check it out. It was awesome, if it had a way to play the games i would be playing it non stop to this day.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:10 PM   #19
Rookie

Expect the franchise mode to be improved next year just as much as gameplay was improved this year.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:12 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sik kid Pk
Expect the franchise mode to be improved next year just as much as gameplay was improved this year.
Which would be barely anything..?
Old 07-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee Hermanator
Which would be barely anything..?
Lol. I think the update to franchise mode next year is going to be just as big as the update to gameplay this year. Whether this update to gameplay was big or not is up to you.

I hope that I'm wrong but i doubt it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #22
Banned

Ok, I posted this in another thread but i think it might be more relevant here:

It's not in EAs interests to make the perfect football game.

Although the NFL has rule changes from time to time, the real life game is largely the same year on year, if you had a perfect virtual representation of that, then why would you need another one?

All you'd ever need would be roster updates and the odd patch for things like the new OT rule. That's not going to net EA $60, or in my case £40, of your money every year is it? Maybe 10-20 at a push if they charged for it as some sort of subscription.

If you look at the other sports games (all of which are annual) I bet they all have the same minor niggles, some more than others, these are meant to be there, if everything was fine, the business model would collapse.

It's not some conspiracy theory, or me being a "*****" or anything like that, it's just blindingly obvious fact. Look at all their games and you'll see it. Some are much better than others but you'll notice, like a superbowl winning team, a few years after a great version, they'll be very average and vice versa.

EDIT: I should add, I enjoy a lot of their games, mainly Madden and FIFA and whilst I am massively frustrated by these flaws they put in, or don't fix, I do understand why it is. Unfortunately, the money has to come first. That's business.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:54 PM   #23
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by remjohn
Ok, I posted this in another thread but i think it might be more relevant here:

It's not in EAs interests to make the perfect football game.

Although the NFL has rule changes from time to time, the real life game is largely the same year on year, if you had a perfect virtual representation of that, then why would you need another one?

All you'd ever need would be roster updates and the odd patch for things like the new OT rule. That's not going to net EA $60, or in my case £40, of your money every year is it? Maybe 10-20 at a push if they charged for it as some sort of subscription.

If you look at the other sports games (all of which are annual) I bet they all have the same minor niggles, some more than others, these are meant to be there, if everything was fine, the business model would collapse.

It's not some conspiracy theory, or me being a "*****" or anything like that, it's just blindingly obvious fact. Look at all their games and you'll see it. Some are much better than others but you'll notice, like a superbowl winning team, a few years after a great version, they'll be very average and vice versa.

EDIT: I should add, I enjoy a lot of their games, mainly Madden and FIFA and whilst I am massively frustrated by these flaws they put in, or don't fix, I do understand why it is. Unfortunately, the money has to come first. That's business.
The problem to that is that MLB The Show is arguably the best baseball game ever. Most people who play it know that there are some things to work on, but it is time in and time out the best game on the market. They aren't hurting because they do their best; their sales continue to soar.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #24
Banned

Yes, I've heard that about the show. I haven't played it myself so can't really comment. But you did say there were a couple of minor issues with it.

I don't know much about baseball (I'm in the UK), but I imagine it's a game that has a much subtler approach than something like Football, Hockey, Soccer etc so maybe it's easier to recreate meaning any flaws would be too noticeable.

I don't know if that makes sense but it sort of does to me.

Last edited by remjohn; 07-24-2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: mistake

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »