Home

want 2011 Madden but don't want to support EA?

This is a discussion on want 2011 Madden but don't want to support EA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: want 2011 Madden but don't want to support EA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C
dont get it at all, the game is horrible

T.C. one word BANNED
Old 07-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
buy it used.

if the reviews tell me it's 2010 with some minor graphic upgrades, that's what i'm doing.

the best way to vote is with your dollar. and when there's only one game in town, you can't support any competition.

so if you're displeased with EA for not putting out a robust new 2011 game, wait a few weeks and buy it used.

a hit in sales might make them rethink their minor-tweaking approach (if that's what it is; this is hypothetically based on the situation that the game is not much more than a roster update with a few bells and whistles).

now, if the reviews or a rental tells you EA did a killer job with 2011 and put a lot of effort into it, go ahead and support the company and buy new.

99% of major corporations don't give a crap what a few hundred hardcore fans post on sites like this. they only listen to sales. if sales are up, they continue their behaviour; if sales are down, they rethink the way they do business.

take it as you will.
How about just not buying the game at all? You talk about not supporting the company but then buying the game used in a few weeks? I understand EA's top line is unaffected from used game sales, but why even buy the game at all if you are that displeased with it?
Old 07-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #11
Pro

Steelersfan85's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby
If you buy Madden used and want to play online you'll have to buy the EA Online Pass so you'll be supporting them anyway haha they got ya by the balls.

I think you guys are being too hard on this years game though. If it plays equal to, or better than NCAA it'll be great.
That isn't why a majority aren't buying it. They are going to pass this year because franchise mode has received ZERO changes which it could use some and needs to be refreshed. So basically for them the game is just a roster update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
How about just not buying the game at all? You talk about not supporting the company but then buying the game used in a few weeks? I understand EA's top line is unaffected from used game sales, but why even buy the game at all if you are that displeased with it?
I agree with green94. Don't let the game waste space in your house if you don't like it. That's what I've done since 05 until they get it right.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:53 PM   #13
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5

This game doesnt look very much improved in any areas really... after all this time on this generation of consoles, they have wasted many years, and I can tell by the videos, that nothing is really impressive or immersive about the game in any way. Animations still look stiff , movement is unnatural and the presentation isnt realistic or immersive either. And who knows how many problems will be in the franchise and online modes, and all the features from PAST gen games that its still missing.

New Madden team for EA, asap please.
WIZ
Old 07-25-2010, 03:08 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 24

Buying it used still makes EA money. Somebody had to buy it at full price originally, then trade it in....

I'm skipping this year regardless; not because of what the OP said, but just because there's not enough improvement to warrant 60$ from me.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #15
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Buying it used still makes EA money. Somebody had to buy it at full price originally, then trade it in....

I'm skipping this year regardless; not because of what the OP said, but just because there's not enough improvement to warrant 60$ from me.

Buying used does hurt EA. That's why they are doing the whole VIP codes thing for people that bought new in the first place. They are trying to combat the used game market hurting their bottom line.

Yes, to buy a used game, someone needs to have bought it new first, but there is a difference between 5 million people buying a copy of Madden new and all the money going to EA, and having 2.5 million buy it new and the other 2.5 million buying the used copies that were already bought. In one scenario, 5 million gamers got to play Madden and EA sold 5 million copies. In the other scenario 5 million people still got to play Madden, but EA only profits off of 2.5 million.

Now this is a made up example, and I am not calling for everyone to not buy Madden, that's up to each individual to decide, but to say that it makes no difference to EA if people buy new or used, could not be more utterly and completely false.

Last edited by Only1LT; 07-25-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #16
Rookie

AlphaTrojan's Arena

OVR: 11

I've noticed you guys want to get the game used but still want to be able to play online. I suggest you do what I did for NCAA 11 and rent the game first with the chance of getting a usable code on the instruction booklet. Since I already have an online code now I can buy used.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »