Home

want 2011 Madden but don't want to support EA?

This is a discussion on want 2011 Madden but don't want to support EA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
want 2011 Madden but don't want to support EA?

buy it used.

if the reviews tell me it's 2010 with some minor graphic upgrades, that's what i'm doing.

the best way to vote is with your dollar. and when there's only one game in town, you can't support any competition.

so if you're displeased with EA for not putting out a robust new 2011 game, wait a few weeks and buy it used.

a hit in sales might make them rethink their minor-tweaking approach (if that's what it is; this is hypothetically based on the situation that the game is not much more than a roster update with a few bells and whistles).

now, if the reviews or a rental tells you EA did a killer job with 2011 and put a lot of effort into it, go ahead and support the company and buy new.

99% of major corporations don't give a crap what a few hundred hardcore fans post on sites like this. they only listen to sales. if sales are up, they continue their behaviour; if sales are down, they rethink the way they do business.

take it as you will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: want 2011 Madden but don't want to support EA?

I'm not buying until franchise is outstanding. No use burning calories playing the same busted football game. I can deal with the on field stuff. It's a game; I understand that the gameplay can never be lifelike. I need franchise to be excellent for it to hold my attention.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:57 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
buy it used.

if the reviews tell me it's 2010 with some minor graphic upgrades, that's what i'm doing.

the best way to vote is with your dollar. and when there's only one game in town, you can't support any competition.

so if you're displeased with EA for not putting out a robust new 2011 game, wait a few weeks and buy it used.

a hit in sales might make them rethink their minor-tweaking approach (if that's what it is; this is hypothetically based on the situation that the game is not much more than a roster update with a few bells and whistles).

now, if the reviews or a rental tells you EA did a killer job with 2011 and put a lot of effort into it, go ahead and support the company and buy new.

99% of major corporations don't give a crap what a few hundred hardcore fans post on sites like this. they only listen to sales. if sales are up, they continue their behaviour; if sales are down, they rethink the way they do business.

take it as you will.
Great idea. I really hope a lot of people listen to you, because EA needs to get serious fast.

As for me.... i'm ashamed to say I will still get it the first day. Its just that this time of the year always sucks with college starting back up and the NFL and Madden is what always gives me something to look forward to rather than just dread school starting and summer break ending.

I NEED football :O
Old 07-25-2010, 02:12 AM   #4
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Hope you don't play online then, because EA's going to make you buy a code to play online if you do not buy the game new. They're going to get you either way.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:09 AM   #5
Rookie

Since i don't bother with online i may get the game used. As long as i still get updates and roster updates i'll be alright. This is the least i have ever looked forward to Madden ever. Theres not even any info or news to get you to look forward to it. I'm guessing it won't be too long until theres a couple of used copies available.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 03:13 AM   #6
T.C
Banned

OVR: 2

dont get it at all, the game is horrible
Old 07-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #7
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm just going to rent it from Gamefly.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

If you buy Madden used and want to play online you'll have to buy the EA Online Pass so you'll be supporting them anyway haha they got ya by the balls.

I think you guys are being too hard on this years game though. If it plays equal to, or better than NCAA it'll be great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »