Home

Madden NFL 11 Impressions Thread (PS3 and 360) (READ FIRST POST!!!!)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Impressions Thread (PS3 and 360) (READ FIRST POST!!!!) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #33
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37
re: Madden NFL 11 Impressions Thread (PS3 and 360) (READ FIRST POST!!!!)

Noodles looks to be the only one who can post impressions.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
I'm confused..i thought that OS confirmed him at the beginning of the thread?
Old 08-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #35
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthieOne
I'm confused..i thought that OS confirmed him at the beginning of the thread?
He's confirmed. Read my post again.

+Double checked, he has provided the info needed to be confirmed

Last edited by av7; 08-02-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well, don't know what happened with that other guy but I am finally home and can give some Xbox 360 impressions. Will write them up right now.

Feel free to ask me some question via PM. But please none of the "What is the 2nd-string kicker's potential...?" variety. I will try to get to what I can. Hope I can be a resource for you guys.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #37
Rookie

Got Madden 11 yesterday afternoon and as of this post I have played 4 games. Three head-to-head (in person) and 1 against the CPU in Franchise. Just to get this out there, having played both, I feel NCAA plays much better.

People are asking me how it compares to NCAA 11 and Madden doesn’t really hold up. This is not to say that Madden 11 is bad, it is just that NCAA feels tighter. The locomotion is implemented better and the passing game is smoother (animation-wise). Feels like Madden 11 lacks that last bit of polish.

As people have suspected, it seems like EA Tiburon focused most of their development time on casual-friendly features and made incremental updates to the core.

Gonna play with a different game speed here in a bit to see if things smooth out a bit. That might help. The first thing I noticed when playing is how much slower the game moved, even from Madden 10.

I know this seems like a generally negative first post but I have to admit a little disappointment.

Madden 10.5 wouldn’t be too far from the truth. I like it. I love playing it, but it is not the jump from 10 to 11 that we should expect.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #38
Rookie

Quick Kicks:

-Bumped the game up from the default "Slow" setting to "Normal" and I liked the way it played, which was the opposite last year, where I was really digging the slow setting.

- The new real-life stadium music is pretty awesome, but sometimes they will play songs back-to-back-to-back (such as "Rock and Roll All Night") after to consecutive first downs and then a big gainer).

- Blocking on kick returns is not as bad as the demo but still lacking. Worse than last year. You can simply run around defenders and they can't seem to adjust. Seems to be another case of rough Locomotion implementation. You will think twice about taking a kick out of the end zone, so that is kind of cool from a realism stand-point.

-The throws are nice and snappy this year. You can really fire those bullets in there and the deep throws don't have that crazy arc or float-ball physics.

- The narrated half-time update is now gone. Instead they just show highlights from the previous quarter (which I like better). The NFL network Extra Point is still in Franchise but doesn't look any different than last year outside of Madden 11 logos and Drew Brees everywhere.

- Sideline awareness and toe tapping is awesome this year. Makes fade routes in the end zone a viable (and fun) option now.

- Celebrations seem to be the same thing. 2 other players run up to join the player that just scored. On offense it is the QB running up to the WR/RB or some combination of this. Don't see much O-Line love from the running backs or anything like that.

- Can't get online yet to give you a run down on the default settings. Can sign into the EA Server now but it says it is in Beta and items can't be purchased or redeemed. I am trying to find out from Ian Cummings on Twitter if I can redeem my online pass. Don't want to waste it.

---I just simmed a season and will get some stats for you guys. Gonna cover 3-4 defense stats, leading tackler, leader in passing yards, etc...---
Old 08-02-2010, 11:11 PM   #39
Rookie

First Season Sim - All-Pro ____15 Minute Quarters____Regular Seasons Complete

Standings:
Patriots (14-2)
Colts (13-3)
49ers (11-5)
Saints (11-5)
Broncos (11-5)
Redskins (10-6)
Bears (10-6)
Falcons (10-6)
Packers (10-6)
Cardinals (10-6) *No playoff birth
Ravens (10-6)
Jaguars (9-7)
Bengals (9-7)

Top 3 – Sacks
Alex Brown (18.5)
Darnell Docket (18)
Will Smith (17)

Top 3 – Interceptions
Rashean Mathis (10)
Kevin Ellison (7)
James Laurinatis (6)

Top 3 – Tackles
Demeco Ryans – 121
Daryl Smith – 120
Bradie James - 117

Top 3 – Passing (Rating/TDs/Ints)
Peyton Manning (110.6/40/9)
Tom Brady (101/40/13)
Drew Brees (100.4/37/13)

Top 3 – Rushing (Yds/TDs/Avg)
Adrian Peterson (1687/17/5.0) *6 fumbles
Frank Gore (1575/13/5.5)
Ray Rice (1385/11/6.0)

Top 3 – Receiving (Rcp/Yds/TDs)
Reggie Wayne (117/1592/14)
Randy Moss (108/1535/14)
Marques Colston (104/1355/14)
Old 08-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #40
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

Guys, this is not rocket science, if you have a question use the questions thread.

If you want to prove you have the game, take a picture of the game case, open, with the game inside, and a piece of paper with your OS name written on it next to it.

All the information you need is in the first post.

Again, if you are not a CONFIRMED owner of a retail copy of Madden 11, you cannot post in this thread. At all. It will be deleted. Questions go in the questions thread.

AGAIN,

Questions go in the questions thread.

You may read impressions (aka answers to the questions posted in the questions thread) in here, the impressions thread.

I hope it's clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.

Last edited by eDotd; 08-03-2010 at 12:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »