Home

EXTRA POINT IS IN!!! I HAVE CONFIRMATION!

This is a discussion on EXTRA POINT IS IN!!! I HAVE CONFIRMATION! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: EXTRA POINT IS IN!!! I HAVE CONFIRMATION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
yes. Because people hadn't seen it in any of the E3 videos, they assumed that it wasn't in and thus started "asking" and "discussing" why it had been removed.
The assumption was correct in part. It was taken out of Play Now games, as the E3 vids show.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #18
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by showbo1971
Like others have said, there is no halftime show....weekly recap show is basically the same....I believe both the guy and girl are wearing the same clothes as well.
lmao!! too funny
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Old 07-27-2010, 11:15 AM   #19
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I won't miss the halftime show, my biggest pet peeve with Madden 10 is it had to load each segment for me to skip it.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #20
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

Half-time was an embarrassment so I'm not surprised they removed it.

But then again, so was Extra Point. I mean, how do you manage to have a weekly recap show without Highlights? 90% of every recap segment on ABC, NBC, FOX, and ESPN is just highlights of all the Sunday games.

Aside from the Superbowl presentation (which is really just 3-4 unique sentences for every team + generic commentary for the remainder of the sequence), EA really phoned it in with presentation this year.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:30 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 18

Nice to hear the Extra Point is still in, but at this "point" it should be called "Missing The Point". It's crude inclusion in last year's game was excusable. It was a starting point from which to springboard from. To hear that this content has not been improved and updated from last season is troubling.

Sure halftime shows and weekly recaps are not for everyone, and to those people I say skip this thread. This is about getting a feature right that is important to many of us. Presentation is a HUGE part of sports games these days. It is the foundation of emersion. A well produced halftime and postgame show is absolutely vital to a top sports game.

I really hate to bring up 2K5 (again). I dont know why i feel guilty for saying its name, but im sorry, its STILL reigns supreme for NFL presentation 6 years later. I agree with the above poster - how can you make a recap show with no highlights??? Really. I dont want to turn this into a 2K5 is the best game ever debate. (that game has its issues, and is out dated in many regards). But for presentation...is so far, is the definition.

EA has to remove those repetitive live action video intros with the guy and girl wearing the same outfit and spewing the exact same lines week after week. Replace them with rendered character models that match the look of your players and coaches in the game. Put them in different clothes (or at least change the guy's tie). LOL. Do the Chris Berman thing at the desk. Put that screen behind your analyst to show scores, stats and logos. Then cut to those full-screen out of town highlights and TALK about the game.

EA really needs to spend a full year on fixing their presentation. Camera angles, highlights, commentary and of course The Extra Point (halftime/postgame/weekly) shows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 08:52 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 12

Why is the title in all caps? Extra point was lackluster last year and needed to be improved.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:56 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
EA really needs to spend a full year on fixing their presentation. Camera angles, highlights, commentary and of course The Extra Point (halftime/postgame/weekly) shows.
I said in another thread that my prediction to have JUST franchise and presentation the way we want it won't happen until 2015. People still believe that franchise mode will be completely reworked and updated by Madden 12 and no where did Phil Frazier say that. He said "in the future".

It's gonna be Madden 15. That will be our year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »