Home

Why Is Madden Better or Worse Than ESPN?

This is a discussion on Why Is Madden Better or Worse Than ESPN? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2003, 08:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Why Is Madden Better or Worse Than ESPN?

I'm not a huge pro football gamer (I like the college game), but I'm considering giving it a shot this year. Just curious, for those who like (or don't like) Madden, why is it better (or worse) than ESPN? Seems to me like the graphics weren't as good as 2k3 last year (all players with big heads). Chime in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2003, 08:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Why Is Madden Better or Worse Than ESPN?

In my opinion, Madden simulates football as well as HH simulates baseball. ESPN just doesn't have the simulation aspect down.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

mike must have never played 2k3. sega perfectly depicts an nfl game with stadium atmosphere and completely polished gameplay however madden is great too. ESPN will obviuosly have ESPN presentation as well as weekly wrap up and nfl countdownif u like anythiing ESPN this game wont let u down but either way u will like both games.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:29 PM   #4
Rookie

also if u have gotten ncaa 2004 this yr then i wud say u maywant espn for a change of gameplay where ncaa and madden are very similar but do have their differences
Old 07-22-2003, 09:32 PM   #5
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

The only reason I buy Madden every year is simple: Franchise Mode. Hands down, that is what addicts me to the game. Throw in the added Owner Mode this year, and I'm there. BUT, I do find Madden to be VERY overrated. It's gameplay just doesn't do it for me. 2K3's gameplay blew Madden's out of the water. Over the last three installments (2001, 2002, 2003), I felt like I was playing the exact same game with updated rosters. I buy Madden for Franchise mode and this year I'll buy it to import my draft class in NCAA Football 2004 into it. Other than that, it serves no purpose for me. EPSN simply owns it when it comes to gameplay and presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2003, 02:10 AM   #6
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

It's hard to call ESPN and Madden. Last year, I bought Madden so I could import my NCAA draft classes too but I enjoyed the gameplay of 2K3 and graphics better. However, the Sega Franchise mode, while looking great, had a lack of player progression which did bother a lot of people and Madden's franchise mode overall was a little more polished than Sega. I am still buying both games this year and I am looking forward to Madden 2004's owner mode
Old 07-23-2003, 06:40 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

soxfan2525 said:
mike must have never played 2k3. sega perfectly depicts an nfl game with stadium atmosphere and completely polished gameplay however madden is great too. ESPN will obviuosly have ESPN presentation as well as weekly wrap up and nfl countdownif u like anythiing ESPN this game wont let u down but either way u will like both games.

I had both last year, after a month with each I stuck with Madden. Something about 2k just doesn't do it for me.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:33 AM   #8
Rookie

Maddens franchise wont have much that ESPN doesnt this year ESPN did a lot of work to their franchise and it is really deep

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »