Home

Default Speed being changed to "normal" via Ian.

This is a discussion on Default Speed being changed to "normal" via Ian. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 07:01 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Default Speed being changed to "normal" via Ian.

Hey! Check it out! Ian got an Xbox!!! Maybe now he can play the game and figure out WHAT ACTUALLY WORKS and WHAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT @ian_cummings
Best grocery store trip in history? http://ow.ly/i/2S2M
Sorry, this is OT, but the Twitter OP got me looking....
Old 07-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #34
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Normal isn't realisitic, its aboslutely ridiculous what the players can do in that game on normal.
And "Very Slow/Slow" is? There is nothing realistic about watching LT break down or do a hesitation move as if he's arthritic. You shouldn't have to slow the pace of the game down to unrealistic speeds just for animations to play out properly. Thats a problem and something that needs to be improved in future Maddens. Its not a true representation of football nor is it what I see on Sundays.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 21

happy day, normal speed is the default

yeah!!!

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 07:43 PM   #36
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Ask any other sim player I have gotten to play on very slow in NCAA, they all agree.

Normal isn't realisitic, its aboslutely ridiculous what the players can do in that game on normal.
It's also ridiculous how unrealistically slow everyone moves and "sprints" on slow. It's all opinion regardless. You may get a slightly more sim experience in certain aspects, but other sim things go out the window at that speed as well, ie realistic sprinting and speed, reaction times, etc.

Sorry, but real football just does not move that slow, and that fact doesn't change, whether you've been playing the game for six months or not.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #37
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
I've been playing both games for 6+ months, I believe its fact but you can take it as opinion.
It's fact due to the way the animations play out. The game doesn't render the animations properly at the faster speeds.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #38
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC IS ART
And "Very Slow/Slow" is? There is nothing realistic about watching LT break down or do a hesitation move as if he's arthritic. You shouldn't have to slow the pace of the game down to unrealistic speeds just for animations to play out properly. Thats a problem and something that needs to be improved in future Maddens. Its not a true representation of football nor is it what I see on Sundays.
Timing Chris Johnson up to a stop watch, it seems just barely off and thats a small price ill pay for better gameplay.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 07-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Ask any other sim player I have gotten to play on very slow in NCAA, they all agree.

This! I hate that they are making it Normal. Very slow is to much for me but slow is just right. Just cuz they call it slow does not mean it plays slow. It plays just right. It is not to slow but its not to "normal" where everything is like one quick second including the throws which Michael Vick can't even throw a bullet that fast. But apparently you guys find that realistic. They changed it to slow for a reason. They posted in a blog for Madden 10 that the slow mode was MUCH more realistic for 40 yard times. They changed it to slow for AUTHENTICITY. They are only changing it to normal because everyone is demanding it and they don't want to lose sales. You guys can ramble forever about what "feels" realistic, but EA actually did TESTS for Madden 10 and slow was proven to be right. Have fun with your arcadeish like football though. I'm changing mine to slow and I don't have time for online play anyways.

One thing though: Do you guys think they will change the animation speeds to look better on normal since that is going to be the default? I will be PISSED if they do seeing that I thought it played perfectly on Slow. If they slow down animation speeds on normal, then slow will be much to slow :'(

Last edited by angels eclipse7; 07-27-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:43 AM   #40
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

gotta agree. slow was PERFECT...

options people!! to me, gameplay was much better last year with the speed slowed down...the pass rush is fine in the demo.

hopefully there'll be a way to toggle it because as an ONLINE ONLY player this could be a deal-breaker for me...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »