Home

Madden 11: Would GameFlow be better suited for Superstar mode?

This is a discussion on Madden 11: Would GameFlow be better suited for Superstar mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Madden 11: Would GameFlow be better suited for Superstar mode?

Hey guys,

After playing the demo and trying out the new gameflow system, i think it's a cool feature to have a coordinator call in the plays into your headset, but i feel better using the playbook the way we have always done it. I just like to be able to call my own plays. They say that a coach doesn't go into a game with a whole playbook. I have to disagree. A coach may have a gameplan, but you see coordinators in the booth going through plays in the playbook and then relaying them back down to the field to either the headcoach or directly to the quarterback or defensive team captain on the field. Basically what i'm saying is, whether they cut their playbook down to less plays and go in with a game chart, they still get to choose the plays.

The way the gameflow works, it seems it would be better used in Superstar mode, where you are actually playing as a player on the field. On offense, if you're the quarterback, you get the play from the coach. If you're any other position on offense, you should just hear the quarterback call the play in the huddle and let you know what your responsibilities are or have the play art show up on the screen if you don't know the play by heart. And on defense, the defensive captain whether it be a MLB or a safety should get the call from the coordinator, and if you're any other position, they should have the voice coming from the defensive captain relaying the play like the quarterback.

This is the only way gameflow really makes sense to me, if they want to immerse you into a roll on the field.

I feel like the regular game play of Madden where you can control anything and everything should just be left alone, or at least if they want to be realistic, allow you to create or edit your playbook. Or make a gameday specific playchart that you can call the plays from, and not just let the computer AI call it based on tendency stars.

I like the gameflow in Madden 11, but i called quite a few audibles for plays that just didn't make sense, that i would've never called. And if you're going to be controlling all the players on the field, and making line adjustments or altering routes, you might as well just call the play you want to call for the situation.

So what do you guys think? Would gameflow make more sense for use in the Superstar mode as opposed to being part of the regular game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 11: Would GameFlow be better suited for Superstar mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillRobP
Hey guys,

After playing the demo and trying out the new gameflow system, i think it's a cool feature to have a coordinator call in the plays into your headset, but i feel better using the playbook the way we have always done it. I just like to be able to call my own plays. They say that a coach doesn't go into a game with a whole playbook. I have to disagree. A coach may have a gameplan, but you see coordinators in the booth going through plays in the playbook and then relaying them back down to the field to either the headcoach or directly to the quarterback or defensive team captain on the field. Basically what i'm saying is, whether they cut their playbook down to less plays and go in with a game chart, they still get to choose the plays.

The way the gameflow works, it seems it would be better used in Superstar mode, where you are actually playing as a player on the field. On offense, if you're the quarterback, you get the play from the coach. If you're any other position on offense, you should just hear the quarterback call the play in the huddle and let you know what your responsibilities are or have the play art show up on the screen if you don't know the play by heart. And on defense, the defensive captain whether it be a MLB or a safety should get the call from the coordinator, and if you're any other position, they should have the voice coming from the defensive captain relaying the play like the quarterback.

This is the only way gameflow really makes sense to me, if they want to immerse you into a roll on the field.

I feel like the regular game play of Madden where you can control anything and everything should just be left alone, or at least if they want to be realistic, allow you to create or edit your playbook. Or make a gameday specific playchart that you can call the plays from, and not just let the computer AI call it based on tendency stars.

I like the gameflow in Madden 11, but i called quite a few audibles for plays that just didn't make sense, that i would've never called. And if you're going to be controlling all the players on the field, and making line adjustments or altering routes, you might as well just call the play you want to call for the situation.

So what do you guys think? Would gameflow make more sense for use in the Superstar mode as opposed to being part of the regular game?
Sounds reasonable. I've never understood the appeal or excitement over a feature that removes some of the gameplay from the user--meaning, part of the appeal of Madden is calling your own plays and playing that "chess game" as it were.

I know the arguments, "you can still choose plays ahead of time based off down and distance, etc.", but I would rather make those decisions in the moment, not the cpu. It's really tantamount to a highly customizable "Ask Madden" feature that you change from week to week, spun as "game-planning".

To each his own I suppose. Can't complain since they made it optional.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »