Home

Lincoln Financial Field In Philadelphia ...

This is a discussion on Lincoln Financial Field In Philadelphia ... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-25-2003, 02:32 PM   #25
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Lincoln Financial Field In Philadelphia ...

Quote:

nivek said:
Quote:

iLLWiLL said:
Quote:

nivek said:
Raiders fans are Crazy no doubt, but atlest they dont' cheer when a pro athelte gets injured.

That's just SICK!

Are you sure Raiders fans haven't done this before? Are you sure any other fans haven't done this before??? Or could it be that you just did not HEAR of it? Aside from the Michael Irvin fiasco, you can't name ONE other incident involving Philly fans booing an injured player. Hell, the night MJ put 69 on the Cavs, Jordan was hit to the floor hard earlier in the game and lay on the floor in pain...and the fans were HAPPY to see that. It happens in lots of places, but if the city is Philly, the situation is magnified times 10...

Funny thing about that is, I shouldn't have to find another one. ONE is BAD enough...if my memory serves my correct, the man was on a strecher...and the Philly fans cheered. I could care less if it was the one and only incident, that was sick! It also doesn't help Philly when eve BEFORE that, they've been known as a rowdy crowd. This incident only mad your rep worse.

Aren't fans supposed to applaud when an injured player is up and brought off the field

Oh cry me a river. So one incident like this makes us bad til the end of time. But then again we've "been known" to be rowdy, so every minor thing is reported and added to 4 incidents: the Irvin cheering, booing Santa Claus and Kobe, and chucking batteries, which you and the media can't get enough of...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2003, 03:57 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sure Raiders fans are scary, but have they ever thrown batteries at a player who they drafted that refused to sign w/ them. Philly fans have. It may be sad and I probably shouldnt be proud, but JD Drew's an ***!
Old 07-25-2003, 05:07 PM   #27
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

nivek said:
Quote:

iLLWiLL said:
Quote:

nivek said:
Raiders fans are Crazy no doubt, but atlest they dont' cheer when a pro athelte gets injured.

That's just SICK!

Are you sure Raiders fans haven't done this before? Are you sure any other fans haven't done this before??? Or could it be that you just did not HEAR of it? Aside from the Michael Irvin fiasco, you can't name ONE other incident involving Philly fans booing an injured player. Hell, the night MJ put 69 on the Cavs, Jordan was hit to the floor hard earlier in the game and lay on the floor in pain...and the fans were HAPPY to see that. It happens in lots of places, but if the city is Philly, the situation is magnified times 10...

Funny thing about that is, I shouldn't have to find another one. ONE is BAD enough...if my memory serves my correct, the man was on a strecher...and the Philly fans cheered. I could care less if it was the one and only incident, that was sick! It also doesn't help Philly when eve BEFORE that, they've been known as a rowdy crowd. This incident only mad your rep worse.

every crowd can get rowdy. why doesn't anybody get on Cleveland fans for the bottle throwing 2 years ago? or for cheering when Tim Couch went down injured last year? to me, THAT'S WORSE! Philly fans don't boo when their own player falls injured. geez. and how about Cincy when Griffey just injured himself this past week. the fans were booing him. or what about Jason Kidd's run in with the Boston crowd? or Iverson's experience with the racial slurs in Indianapolis?

but my bad...Philly only does those things

Old 07-25-2003, 06:14 PM   #28
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
every crowd can get rowdy. why doesn't anybody get on Cleveland fans for the bottle throwing 2 years ago? or for cheering when Tim Couch went down injured last year? to me, THAT'S WORSE! Philly fans don't boo when their own player falls injured. geez. and how about Cincy when Griffey just injured himself this past week. the fans were booing him. or what about Jason Kidd's run in with the Boston crowd? or Iverson's experience with the racial slurs in Indianapolis?

but my bad...Philly only does those things

No, but you see, P2kill -- these OTHER fans don't have a "history", they haven't "been known" to be rowdy -- so whenever these OTHER fans do something unacceptable, the incident is again whiped off their "clean" slate. All is forgiven, and especially, FORGOTTEN with other fans
Old 07-25-2003, 07:13 PM   #29
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

[b]BSB215 said:[/b
Nobody in Philly pays any attention to Temple football.....

Except Bill Cosby. In fact, the other day he was quoted as yelling, "YA SEE, FIRST, YOU HAVE TO PUT THE SPOON IN THE PUDDING! THESE KIDS TODAY ARE ALL STUPID! THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE TEMPLE FOOTBALL OR THE JAZZ MUSIC! YA SEE, TEMPLE FOOTBALL IS LIKE JELLO PUDDING. WAIT, IT'S LIKE KODAK FILM. NO, IT'S MORE LIKE THE NEW COKE, IT'LL BE AROUND FOREVER! NOW GET ME BACK ON THE TV!"

Boy, that man never stopped being funny, did he?
Old 07-25-2003, 07:18 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

spacefunk said:
Quote:

[b]BSB215 said:[/b
Nobody in Philly pays any attention to Temple football.....

Except Bill Cosby. In fact, the other day he was quoted as yelling, "YA SEE, FIRST, YOU HAVE TO PUT THE SPOON IN THE PUDDING! THESE KIDS TODAY ARE ALL STUPID! THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE TEMPLE FOOTBALL OR THE JAZZ MUSIC! YA SEE, TEMPLE FOOTBALL IS LIKE JELLO PUDDING. WAIT, IT'S LIKE KODAK FILM. NO, IT'S MORE LIKE THE NEW COKE, IT'LL BE AROUND FOREVER! NOW GET ME BACK ON THE TV!"

Boy, that man never stopped being funny, did he?

Old 07-25-2003, 10:10 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

brymshaw said:

Once again, no facts. The fact is, they didn't raise any of the food prices more than 25 cents and a lot of the prices went down at least 25-50 cents.

Read up on things before you come to the wrong conclusion.

Who cares about the prices ?

I am talking about the people having to buy more of their food because they are unable to bring in anything , Its bad enough Auto Insurance and Property Taxes in Philly are rediculous , NOW IF YOU WANT TO GO TO AN EAGLES GAME YOU WILL NEED TO TAKE OUT A SECOND MORTGAGE ON YOUR HOUSE .

Gotta Love Philly the city that never gives back .

Shut up, a true fan tailgaits and eats in the parking lot. DOn't like it, then ont go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2003, 12:43 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

It should be noted that, while the Michael Irvin stuff was going on, Deion Sanders was whooping up the crowd.

Also, when Irvin was carted off, he was cheered.

I will also state, to the contrary, that Philly fans booed Darren Daulton (my favorite all-time player)'s son at a father-son game. So...you get a reputation, it sticks with you.

-John

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »