Home

Live phone interview with Phil Frazier of EA

This is a discussion on Live phone interview with Phil Frazier of EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 08:56 AM   #9
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Live phone interview with Phil Frazier of EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Phil just made an intersting point about the difference between the demo and retail. He said they had about 2 additional weeks from when the demo was finished to when they finished the game.
I think that seals the deal for me. Not impressed with the Demo at all and there won't be much of a change....
Old 07-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
He also said that this year was year one of the commentary and they had to kind of just make all the pieces fit and lay a foundation and next year they will be doing all new lines and dialogue with Gus and Chris together to give it an even greater sense of being a real broadcast. I know Ian has mentioned before that they had a 3 year vision for rebuilding Madden, starting last year. So now this is year 2 and next year we will have the rebuilt franchise and I'm sure new presentation and half time show since they scraped it this year and even better more immersive commentary with Gus and Chris recording together and hopefully new physics.
Let me tell you how much I am sick and tired of hearing the "lay a foundation" pitch. I feel like it's a way of saying "We're going to be a little lazy this year".

Seriously?

It's not like having commentary is a BRAND NEW IDEA in a sports game to the point of where "it's Gus and Chris's first year together so we need to lay a foundation first". That's a cop out to me. They don't need TWO YEARS to get the audio team to piece and splice together the commentary so it's smooth. It should take only one year to do that.

I never have been a fan of Phil Frazier. He makes excuses on why they can't do things, and he praises little updates as BRAND NEW FEATURES to the game, and he sells them in his interviews like someone selling a used car.

The animations still needs work.
The tackling still needs alot of work.
The commentary should have been good this year, but needs another year.
Franchise mode was untouched so that will take another year.
Extra Point needs tossed out, and redone. Same people in same clothes year after year? Cmon.

IF you are going to talk about "laying a foundation", then lay it down, and BUILD on it. Don't take things away or change what works. Ahem...strategy pad.

When are we going to get a football game with the features we have been posting in those "Madden Wishlist" threads YEAR after YEAR? 2015? If thats the case, then own up to it and say "Guy's we are going to completely rewrite the entire game code. You will have your game in 2015".

All I want is honesty, and for this company to deliver.

Last edited by joejccva71; 07-28-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Let me tell you how much I am sick and tired of hearing the "lay a foundation" pitch. I feel like it's a way of saying "We're going to be a little lazy this year".

Seriously?

It's not like having commentary is a BRAND NEW IDEA in a sports game to the point of where "it's Gus and Chris's first year together so we need to lay a foundation first". That's a cop out to me. They don't need TWO YEARS to get the audio team to piece and splice together the commentary so it's smooth. It should take only one year to do that.

I never have been a fan of Phil Frazier. He makes excuses on why they can't do things, and he praises little updates as BRAND NEW FEATURES to the game, and he sells them in his interviews like someone selling a used car.

The animations still needs work.
The tackling still needs alot of work.
The commentary should have been good this year, but needs another year.
Franchise mode was untouched so that will take another year.
Extra Point needs tossed out, and redone. Same people in same clothes year after year? Cmon.

IF you are going to talk about "laying a foundation", then lay it down, and BUILD on it. Don't take things away or change what works. Ahem...strategy pad.

When are we going to get a football game with the features we have been posting in those "Madden Wishlist" threads YEAR after YEAR? 2015? If thats the case, then own up to it and say "Guy's we are going to completely rewrite the entire game code. You will have your game in 2015".

All I want is honesty, and for this company to deliver.

I agree, it is always next year. Thank you NCAA11 for getting to that elusive next year...maybe next year dirty uniforms, but I'll live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 25

Good info...But something about Phil....dont know what it is, but nothing he says seems to stick.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 28

All I could do after hearing some of the things in that interview was smile and laugh What can you do?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »