Home

Giving any Madden Impressions...

This is a discussion on Giving any Madden Impressions... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Giving any Madden Impressions...

This might seem like an odd question, but does this apply even after the game is released? If not then it seems a bit pointless, since you'll still get people give fake impressions then.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #10
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
This might seem like an odd question, but does this apply even after the game is released? If not then it seems a bit pointless, since you'll still get people give fake impressions then.
its about giving impressions from a pirated copy, which is illegal. OS doesnt want to condone something illegal obviously, thus, this rule

Old 07-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan
its about giving impressions from a pirated copy, which is illegal. OS doesnt want to condone something illegal obviously, thus, this rule
That isn't what the post says though. They said "Giving any Madden impressions... Will require proof you own the retail copy of the game". It also doesn't answer the question I asked.

Posting impressions without having the game doesn't in itself mean you have a pirate copy, it just means you might be making stuff up.

Obviously they can't condone piracy, I never implied that they should.

To re-iterate the question I asked: Does this only apply to people who get the game early, or will it apply after 8/10?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 07:11 PM   #12
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

Quote:
That isn't what the post says though. They said "Giving any Madden impressions... Will require proof you own the retail copy of the game". It also doesn't answer the question I asked.

Posting impressions without having the game doesn't in itself mean you have a pirate copy, it just means you might be making stuff up.

Obviously they can't condone piracy, I never implied that they should.

To re-iterate the question I asked: Does this only apply to people who get the game early, or will it apply after 8/10?

no this rule is in place right now because most people who currently have the game got it illegally which is why they need to prove they have the game. if you have the game send a mod a pm of the game with the case open and your username on a piece of paper to prove you have it.. legally. i assume that after 8/10 the rule will be lifted. it also applies to people making stuff up. as you have to prove you have the game and arent making stuff up. understand?

Old 07-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan
no this rule is in place right now because most people who currently have the game got it illegally which is why they need to prove they have the game. if you have the game send a mod a pm of the game with the case open and your username on a piece of paper to prove you have it.. legally. i assume that after 8/10 the rule will be lifted. it also applies to people making stuff up. as you have to prove you have the game and arent making stuff up. understand?
First off, I don't have the game, illegally or otherwise.

People posting impressions of the game, without proving that they have it, is the same regardless of whether they have an illegal copy or not. Who's to say that people wont have illegal copies after 8/10?

Once again, my question has nothing to do with illegal copies. I don't care about illegal copies, of course people with illegal copies can't prove they have the game, that isn't my point.

My point is that, from the wording of the post (which doesn't actually mention illegal copies), you can't give impressions without proof you have the game. Full stop. No mention of illegal copies. So does that apply after the game is released? If not, then it's a pretty pointless rule, because you will still get people you don't have the game posting impressions.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #14
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

Quote:
First off, I don't have the game, illegally or otherwise.

People posting impressions of the game, without proving that they have it, is the same regardless of whether they have an illegal copy or not. Who's to say that people wont have illegal copies after 8/10?

Once again, my question has nothing to do with illegal copies. I don't care about illegal copies, of course people with illegal copies can't prove they have the game, that isn't my point.

My point is that, from the wording of the post (which doesn't actually mention illegal copies), you can't give impressions without proof you have the game. Full stop. No mention of illegal copies. So does that apply after the game is released? If not, then it's a pretty pointless rule, because you will still get people you don't have the game posting impressions.

i would assume that there would be no need to send pms to mods to prove you have the game after release. it would be too much a hassle on the mods because there will be ALOT of people buying the game. but you are correct people could go and make fake impressions after its released

Old 07-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #15

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
My point is that, from the wording of the post (which doesn't actually mention illegal copies), you can't give impressions without proof you have the game. Full stop. No mention of illegal copies.
He may not have said it, but I am 99% sure he was alluding to pirated copies here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
That also means...I think you may get it now.
But I get that it isn't your point so that is neither here nor there.

Quote:
So does that apply after the game is released? If not, then it's a pretty pointless rule, because you will still get people you don't have the game posting impressions.
I don't think it's as big a deal as you are making it. Yes, impressions are impressions. OS doesn't support illegal activity so those who obtained the game that way can take their impressions elsewhere.

Yes we all want to read impressions, but this is a gaming community and by no means should anything be done to support illegally obtained games even if that means depriving the community of early impressions (we can all wait a couple days).

We all realize no one can prevent people from getting the game that way, that is why once released it can't or won't be policed as it is. They have a way of preventing it now which they do. It simply isn't possible to verify that every contributor to the site has a legal copy once the game drops. I'm not sure why that is difficult to grasp?

It's no different with any other game on this site. The rules have always remained the same regardless of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 04:58 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
OS doesn't support illegal activity so those who obtained the game that way can take their impressions elsewhere.
That's not really what I was talking about, I was talking about people who didn't have the game at all. But since people want to make it about that, What's to say people wont be posting impressions based on illegal copies after release? There's nothing OS can do about that, without extending this rule after the release date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »