Home

Will the new Strategy Pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11?

This is a discussion on Will the new Strategy Pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will the strategy pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11?
Yes, I may not buy the game now due to this change 82 35.34%
No, this will not affect my purchasing decision 150 64.66%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #17
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Will the new Strategy Pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No...I actually enjoy the gamepad. I have it down after a couple of games, and its easy to use( PS3 user)
If you don't mind me asking, How much do you adjust? I'm curious about this with all the people who are ok with the pad...

i have a ps3, maybe this is the year i switch back to ps...i'll try the demo out on the ps3 and see if this alleviates my concerns..because the dpad is infinitely better for ps3.

I still don't see how i'm going to make the adjustments i need to in time with this many more inevitable button presses though. :/
Old 07-28-2010, 02:42 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Skyboxer - I put "may" in there because I think people just got the demo and may not be 100% decided. I myself am undecided. I have the game on order but am considering canceling it.
Yeah, I cancelled mine, but it wasn't the strategy pad that did it for me. I always know right from the get go if I think a game will really wow me, suck me in and immerse me. Right from the beginning Madden did nothing to do any of those. The same game to me. I didn't like 10 either. I'll admit though, since I got hooked on 2k football in 2002, I've had a really hard time going back to Madden. I am like that with most things though. If I have something that works really well and has a lot of great features at one time, I don't like to go backwards to something that costs more and has less. I've pretty much given up on an NFL game from here on out. Once EA renews the license again in 2013, that will put the nail in the coffin. It's not all bad, I still really enjoy playing APF, and at this point in my life, with a lot less time on my hands, I'm ok with that.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Skyboxer - I put "may" in there because I think people just got the demo and may not be 100% decided. I myself am undecided. I have the game on order but am considering canceling it.
Kinda where i am at really. I just dont see anything in M11 that NCAA doesnt already give me aside from playing with NFL teams.

The S-Pad wouldnt stop me from getting it, but the stale feeling and other issues are more of where my purchase decision sits.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

Is change for the sake of change, good?

In this case, not so much. I am not going to try to remember what button/direction to press when doing audibles between NCAA and this game. It will ruin my ability to do it without thinking on both games.

I will be happy not to buy it this year, and keep playing 2010. If the strategy pad is something I can take or leave, then I may buy.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #21
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensaiKatai
If you don't mind me asking, How much do you adjust? I'm curious about this with all the people who are ok with the pad...

i have a ps3, maybe this is the year i switch back to ps...i'll try the demo out on the ps3 and see if this alleviates my concerns..because the dpad is infinitely better for ps3.

I still don't see how i'm going to make the adjustments i need to in time with this many more inevitable button presses though. :/

Personally I know before we break huddle an idea of what I'll be doing based off what the O set is (3W, 4W , I Form etc..) and the down and distance.

I'm starting to adjust before the O even gets set. I don't do much at any given time.
I rarely hot route on D unless its to change a designed blitzer to a zone or something like that, mainly due to the system.
Wouldn't even do it with the old system much.

Now if Madden had the same system as 2K (Sorry but had to ref 2K here) you could EASILIY hot route multiple players because you didn't have to cylce to each player you wanted to hot route.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #22
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Personally I know before we break huddle an idea of what I'll be doing based off what the O set is (3W, 4W , I Form etc..) and the down and distance.
me too, but what if the offense audibles? and there's always situation where i have to make an adjustment, you don't know where the strong side of the formation is by looking knowing the oset from the playcall screen.
Quote:
I'm starting to adjust before the O even gets set. I don't do much at any given time.
I rarely hot route on D unless its to change a designed blitzer to a zone or something like that, mainly due to the system.
Wouldn't even do it with the old system much.
I respect that because you are dictating to the offense but by this statement i guess it's pretty apparent, as far as adjustments go, your not taking this issue quite as seriously as me. Not even a strat pad thing then.

Quote:
Now if Madden had the same system as 2K (Sorry but had to ref 2K here) you could EASILIY hot route multiple players because you didn't have to cylce to each player you wanted to hot route.
I actually got pretty fast with maddens system by holding in the button and using the dpad instead of scrolling. But alas...
Old 07-28-2010, 03:37 PM   #23
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Nope! I'm already getting the hang of it.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 07-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #24
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Right now im leaning toward no

Im trying to make it work but its not gelling with my D adjustments

Offense is OK, still like the old way better too for that, but its ok

Im not an online cheeser either....haven't payled Online Ranked extensively since Madden 06 for the original Xbox.......

Im just a diehard Steelers fan who likes to replicate their great zone blitz schemes in offline franchise/play now games

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »