Home

Will the new Strategy Pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11?

This is a discussion on Will the new Strategy Pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will the strategy pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11?
Yes, I may not buy the game now due to this change 82 35.34%
No, this will not affect my purchasing decision 150 64.66%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #49
Rookie

Blake1288's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Will the new Strategy Pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You know the irony of this is that EA implemented it to help cut down on cheesing and glitchers, because folks were complaining that kept them from going online. But since I've played the demo I'm thinking now "no way in heck do I go online, I would get murdered..". So the intention was good I guess but the outcome is the opposite of what they desired. Well at least for me anyways.
I feel the same way. I don't wanna play this game online unless I start from day one.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #50
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

There are sooo many things that will keep me from buy Madden this year, and Strategy Pad is part and parcel of that decision, but not the lone item.

Based on my impressions from the blog, I'm far more happy with my NCAA purchase, so much so that I can't see dropping real time into Madden this year. I posted a blog on my impressions of the game, after the game drops, I'm going to do write a new blog focusing on the quality of each new gameplay feature since Ian took over to see just how far Madden has come in 2 years and to see how well the team is able to, or not able to, execute on new features.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
But since I've played the demo I'm thinking now "no way in heck do I go online, I would get murdered..".
This really makes no sense.

I can see why you don't like the pad. I can see why it would make it harder to do stuff you have been use to doing. In short, I can see what this is something that would make you not want to play Madden.

But how do you rationally make the leap to getting killed online? You know that everyone will be using the same interface, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 13

Yes, I will not be buying Madden. Strategy Pad is just the last straw - I mean the next gen pre-snap controls were clunky enough and now they are worse???
Are you blanking kidding me?

Gang tackles are still jacked up,
playbooks, especially on defense, still suck
No franchise improvements (I mean "food replicators" honestly?)
Player models, and heck even the ball, are out of whack with the field
No custom playbooks
and excuse after excuse about next year and the engine is sooo hard to work with I am done with Madden and that sucks because I love football and especially the NFL in video game form, but can't take the BS any more!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:10 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
If the God awful transistion animations, warping and terrible announcing wasn't stopping me then how the H E double hockey sticks would the strategy pad stop me. Much more worse things in Madden that the SP.
Agreed...the demo pretty much was the giant nail in the coffin for me. The game is boring, non engaging, repetitive, unresponsive (the guy I'm controlling on defense still doesn't jump when I hit the triangle button), not exciting, and the stuff they added this year (e.g. the headset coaching advice) is really dumb. Not just dumb...but REALLY dumb. I got sick of listening to it halfway through the first game and found myself looking around and trying to figure out how to turn it off. Why EA wastes their time on that kind of stuff boggles my mind.

At no period while I was playing the demo did I feel any sense of excitement or did I see a "wow" moment...and I found myself asking myself why the heck I was even playing the game....it's that boring. And don't even get me started on the commentary. Yuk. I think Madden has officially bottomed out as a franchise.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:36 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 6

Honestly, I dont see a problem with the SP, but I'm a PS3 user. I can imagine it being more of a PIA on the 360 so I understand some peoples anger towards it. But it doesnt bother me one bit and I can audible just as fast as the old way and I call a lot of audibles, hot routes, LB/DL shifts, etc.

I think people should be more worried about other things like the poor commentary, no franchise improvements, some gameplay, etc. The only thing that made me say "wow" so far was the presentation.

I always buy madden no matter how sh!ty the game is. I'm a die hard NFL fan and I need to have my NFL video game fix. NCAA doesn't cut it for me even though it is a great game gameplay wise. I bought the game and only played it about 10 times so far.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3

The Strategy Pad is just a different way of doing the same thing. Yesterday, I wasn't impressed. Today, it seemed really easy as I have already memorized my defensive adjustments. By the time the game comes out I will by expert at it. It is noy really that big of a deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 02:31 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpdump66
The Strategy Pad is just a different way of doing the same thing. Yesterday, I wasn't impressed. Today, it seemed really easy as I have already memorized my defensive adjustments. By the time the game comes out I will by expert at it. It is noy really that big of a deal.
Bam ! you got it perfect .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »