Home

Old 07-28-2010, 10:54 PM   #25
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Ball Size

I don't know, it is kind of interesting though...because I wonder if they don't just "paint the field" under what happens on top of the turf...I don't know if you could take a true to life scale, and render it at the proper ratio....I suppose you could but you'd have to have a big field, small models etc...I'm not a programmer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #26
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I don't know, it is kind of interesting though...because I wonder if they don't just "paint the field" under what happens on top of the turf...I don't know if you could take a true to life scale, and render it at the proper ratio....I suppose you could but you'd have to have a big field, small models etc...I'm not a programmer

It's really not that complicated in the sense that it just comes down to using the right equations. Many games have rendered environments, and the inhabitants of those environments, to scale.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:15 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 6

wtf? are you kidding me lol
Old 07-28-2010, 11:43 PM   #28
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I think thats as small they can get the ball right now with this certain engine. I think once they go to a whole new Pyshics engine later on. They can try to make it small. But for now that is small as they can it. If they could make it smaller then they would have done it sometime back.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #29
Rookie

MiNiDiTkA's Arena

OVR: 3

Old 07-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 10

People may say its a small thing, but its distracting. Should I be noticing how gigantic this baloon of a ball is every freaking time I look at a replay?

No... I shouldn't, I should be amazed at how awesome my football gaming experience is, but alas... that is not the case I'm not amazed, not amazed at all.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
In the grand scheme of things there's about 1,432 other things needed improved upon before ball size is even in the same chapter. Either way it didn't need a thread all to itself.
Ditto Skyboxer...But it does look like a rugby ball....Just sayin
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 05:31 PM   #32
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

it's one of those things that was a little wonky to me, couldn't put my finger on it...then last year I saw it on here, now I'm used to it...but it DID stick out at first lol.

Also, in fairness, it does seem like an easy fix, even if it's not. It's one of those complaints I understand

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »