Home

Auto-Sprint on or off?

This is a discussion on Auto-Sprint on or off? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 11:56 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Auto-Sprint on or off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
Actually the people that do this online in madden is Cheese, set a couple of receivers on crossing routes and roll out following them until they get open. That's not NFL. You see that in college and definitely HS, but QB's hardly ever roll out in NFL, they would get killed. NFL is about staying in the pocket and releasing the ball in less than 3 seconds.
I sincerely believe you are mistaken... Every team has used roll-outs, waggles, sprints, dashes, and boots. They have been in use since the 1930's.

Later
Old 07-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #18
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangkiki
Look at the Broncos offense 2005 with Jake Plummer.. We rolled out A LOT.. The play-action plays in Madden are basically ones that we ran.. Plummer to Lelie LOL.. This actually happens in the NFL xylocaine.
True, it's used some, but I've seen people base there entire passing attack online by exploiting rolling out following speedy receivers or HB's cutting across the field the CB's and LB's are not going to be able to cover entire way across the field.

I really believe people should play how ever they want online, because most good players can learn the tendencies and counter them (my favorite park of ranked matches). I feel that if it's in the game use it to your advantage. But I do think it's EA's job to try to replicate true NFL football, and you shouldn't be able to do this more than 3-4 times a game without the defense just killing your QB.

Just like people rolling back 10-15 yards and throwing off their back foot after receivers finish there routes and start running back to QB, that's been toned down but still can happen too much for my taste.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #19
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
True, it's used some, but I've seen people base there entire passing attack online by exploiting rolling out following speedy receivers or HB's cutting across the field the CB's and LB's are not going to be able to cover entire way across the field.

I really believe people should play how ever they want online, because most good players can learn the tendencies and counter them (my favorite park of ranked matches). I feel that if it's in the game use it to your advantage. But I do think it's EA's job to try to replicate true NFL football, and you shouldn't be able to do this more than 3-4 times a game without the defense just killing your QB.

Just like people rolling back 10-15 yards and throwing off their back foot after receivers finish there routes and start running back to QB, that's been toned down but still can happen too much for my taste.

All these things should be fine, if the game is designed correctly. Instead we remove/break functionalities. That's my issue. I should be able to do anything I want, a computer D should be able to stop it. making the game worse isn't the answer, nor is removing features
Old 07-29-2010, 02:45 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 8

Auto-Sprint is the way to go. That boost TNT referred to is now tied into a player's acceleration, if its high you can release pressure on the LS then re-apply it to get the same burst. It's just not as dramatic because previously acceleration didn't matter because you could hit the RT for turbo.

If you want a more SIM experience then a players acceleration to their top speed is the way to go. If you want to achieve unrealistic player acceleration RT is the way to go.

As far as the guy commenting on cutting the field in half to make it easier to throw, 1) No NFL team uses this as their base offense, 2) it is a cheese tactic used online by people to break down the defenses A.I. 3) this is an NFL game, if you wanna run the option, wishbone, flexbone, whatever play NCAA. The SIM community plays Madden to mimic what we see on Sundays, not your brothers HS offense that they run because they don't have the athletes to run something similar to REAL football.

The spread/option/flex and wishbones are gimmicks coaches came up with to maximize athleticism over talent. That's why college athletes in those systems are usually unable to maintain, or achieve their collegiate success in the NFL.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:31 PM   #21
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Thing is rolling out isn't cheese. It's rolling out it's a part of football. My brother played for a HS football team that did NOT pass. They optioned every play with all sorts of people from all angles of the field...it wasn't cheese, it was the wishbone.

I'm tired of being called a chuck and cheeser...I roll out, because it's easier to only look at one side of the field and because the o-line can't block. Fix that I'll be happy.
agreed. try telling fran tarkenton that rolling out or scrambling to buy extra time is cheese. that guy would run around for 50 yards in the backfield just to complete a 5 yard pass.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #22
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

ever try LB contain. or hot routing one DE to contain, while you user the other DE to either blitz, or prevent a roll out.

ever try LB contain. or hot routing one DE to contain, while you user the other DE to either blitz, or stop a roll out to your side.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #23
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Lol I don't even play online. It's a miserable experience, I play offline franchise. It's actually pretty hard to break the defense in a cheese fashion...unless you throw a screen in Madden 10. does that make screens/swing passes cheese?
Old 07-29-2010, 05:09 PM   #24
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I love the old way of doing the sprint with the rt button on the 360 controller. Don't like auto.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »