Home

Madden 11 demo graphics?

This is a discussion on Madden 11 demo graphics? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 11 demo graphics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
In my humble honest opinion, Madden 11 has the best looking player models, cut scenes and overall graphics than any game well.....ever. NCAA 11 is a close second but, I give Madden the slight edge this year. Just wondering what football game guys think look better than Madden 11...
Agreed. Now that they finally have the running animations right some replays can look amazing (until the tackling animations and shifting ruins things).Overall though, Madden 11 is hands down the prettiest, most visually impressive football game I've seen.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I don't see how anyone can say that Madden 11 looks good in relation to the player models. The models look like kids playing football. I guess maybe it's because their heads are too big for their bodies or something(?) The game looks dark and too blurry as well.

NCAA 11 IMO looks vastly better than the Madden 11 demo. I'm really hoping though that it's just the demo of Madden 11. Maybe the retail version will be much better? I sure hope so.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

I popped Madden 08 in last night just to get a feel for where the game was then to the demo now. OMG what a big difference in gameplay and graphics. I forgot about those funky icons on impact players. Not saying it still doesn't need work but when you put them side by side you can see the changes.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I don't see how anyone can say that Madden 11 looks good in relation to the player models. The models look like kids playing football. I guess maybe it's because their heads are too big for their bodies or something(?) The game looks dark and too blurry as well.

NCAA 11 IMO looks vastly better than the Madden 11 demo. I'm really hoping though that it's just the demo of Madden 11. Maybe the retail version will be much better? I sure hope so.
The player models aren't perfect, but neither are NCAA 11's (too jacked, weak face models, no variety in hair styles). To be honest, Madden's player models (large heads aside) are IMO a better representation of an actual NFL player. From the E3 footage the retail game has better stadium detail, and of course the grass...Madden 11 has the best grass texture this gen. But what really seperates Madden from NCAA is the lighting. The contrast and saturation you see in a 1:00 game on Madden is far beyond NCAA. Yes, NCAA has progessive lighting (it's only edge visually) but the way lighting is implemented on Madden is superior.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I agree NCAA 11's need work as well, especially with the hair issue and muscles being too plentiful. But they are worlds apart from Madden's IMO. NCAA 11 models actually look like grown men running around on the field whereas Maddens players look cartoony and like they're biddy leaguers.

I'll completely 110% disagree on the lighting issue. Perhaps I'll change my mind after getting the full retail Madden but comparing the Madden 11 demo's lighting to NCAA 11's lighting is not even close. NCAA 11 wins by a country mile IMO. And that's not even taking into consideration the big elephant in the room, the fact that NCAA 11 has progressive lighting and Madden 11 does not.

Even if you believe Madden 11's lighting is better than NCAA 11's, the fact that it has no progressive lighting should really obliterate that and make the case for NCAA 11 being far superior in this area.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 49

Im by NO means a Madden lover, and even I admitt that Madden 11 looks and feels better then ANY current gen Maddens. They just need to work on finishing touches. The demo definitely played like a demo. The final release better not

all that being said, Im skipping this years Madden purchase. It just wasnt the leap I hoped for from Madden 10.

Yes, NCAA 11 had better player models then Madden 11

Last edited by wheelman990; 07-29-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg

I agree 100%. It just looks weird, like comic book characters or something haha. I really hope it's just the demo.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wow some of you cry about everything. Its a video game! What do you want the real Peyton Manning to play with?

The graphics to me are sick!... Some of you guys don't appreciate nothing. I remember when I used to play Joe Montana Football and be amazed by the graphics and technology. Learn to appreciate things more fellas, seriously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »