Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Strategy Pad Criticisms, Letter to Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Strategy Pad Criticisms, Letter to Ian Cummings (GoMadden) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Strategy Pad Criticisms, Letter to Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

I could learn to adjust to it if they would give me some time to actually make adjustments and not have the CPU snap the ball as soon as they get to the line.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Strategy Pad Criticisms, Letter to Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

This is a very good video. EA can't deny that a problem exist. Hopefully something can be done because online is going to be how fast can I get up to the line because I don't want the def to make any changes. High-scoring games will be off the charts if this is not fixed.

Just a BAD BAD move by EA plain and simple.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
This video is what we need more of, intelligent and rational discussion of disagreement with EA over a design choice. And the thread I created about people not buying Madden 11 due to this strategy pad should also concern them in regards to the lost sales issue.

This video also confirms what I thought, that the game would work much better on the PS3. I hope EA can man up, admit they made a mistake and patch this as they did Fight Night. If nothing else, it definitely needs removed for Madden 12. Once it's gone we shall all never speak of it again.
I agree 100%. Highlight the deficiencies of this new feature because they are definitely GLARING.

Just do it in an educated manner.

Great Vid. Hopefully EA/Tiburon listens.............:/
Old 07-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #60
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Skyboxer, as you said, and I know this must frustrate you very much from your posts, there are so many things that need updated and fixed in this game, doesn't it make you angry they spent time re-designing about the ONLY thing really that no one EVER complained about? I mean that's almost a slap in the face to us as consumers IMO.

We present to EA every year probably 200 things that we have issue with and instead of working on that list they choose something NOT on the list and think "We need to re-design *this*..."

When I think about it in this way, honestly, the more angrier I become. Seriously I mean WTF EA?

Absolutely! I think it was a very bad move and uneccesary one. I guess a lot of things really got me this year with Madden. The most being no OF upgrades and them saying Madden 12 is the real upgrade... Really? Say that even before Madden 11 is out... lol

So yeah I'm not dismissing the fact the move was dumb... there's just other more important things IMO I wish were protested about, that's all.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yeah they should have made it and option but I actually like the new system, but options are good.

This is also A really good reason why the exclusive deal is killing the genre.
If there was no deal then Madden could be Madden. Other companies could take more risks etc and if it were things that worked out great, then the Madden fans could start asking EA to replicate it etc...

As it stands right now Madden is Madden.. You here it all the time "It plays like Madden"...People are so used to the control scheme and gameplay that any major changes are going to ignite the flames and youtube vids.

A lot of people say Madden is stale and needs shook up but that's only if things don't change, IMO.

I started a thread so people could actually suggest what exactly they'd like to see upgraded and how'd they like to see it implemented...etc, since auto speed burst and strategy pad are widely hated.

... One post other than my own.

That just begs the question. Do people really want Madden to change or is it just the cool thing to say these days?

Who knows. I'm just going to do what I always do. Buy the video game and play and have fun with the video game.
Of course we want madden to change, but why change something that is perfectly fine?

Change the things that need changing. Revamp the AI instead of slowing people down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 11:37 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Skyboxer - I hear you on that but control changes will always cause the biggest uproar over anything else.

Superrandy - That's a great way of capturing how I feel. It almost seems as if EA is daring us to quit buying the game. That was what I was trying to espouse in my views and you capture it perfectly in one line. I've been buying Madden since the first year it was out for the PC, for like 15 to 17 years, whatever it is, and moves like this make me honestly question if EA wants the veterans of the series, people like me, to go away so they can go to a new demographic completely.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:41 AM   #63
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

If anyone is wondering what constructive criticism looks like, there it is. Brilliant video, one of the best I've seen related to Madden.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:42 AM   #64
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krunk4u
Of course we want madden to change, but why change something that is perfectly fine?

Change the things that need changing. Revamp the AI instead of slowing people down.
Agree the AI among other things need worked on a lot. So why aren't we protesting that instead of a working(Yet un-needed waste of time change) strategy pad? That's my point.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »