Home

The Strategy Pad's Dirty Little Secret That EA Doesn't Want You To Know

This is a discussion on The Strategy Pad's Dirty Little Secret That EA Doesn't Want You To Know within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 06:17 PM   #57
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: The Strategy Pad's Dirty Little Secret That EA Doesn't Want You To Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
If they wanted to make the game easier to pick up for someone who is new to Madden, wouldn't it be easier to just include a detailed instruction manual with the game explaining all the controls and what all of the pre-snap adjustments etc are?
Can't disagree with that. The manuals have been pathetic for the last decade or so.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:24 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Can't disagree with that. The manuals have been pathetic for the last decade or so.
There alright if you've owned a previous copy of the game for the most part, but that doesn't help the new people picking up the game for the first time.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:41 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
There alright if you've owned a previous copy of the game for the most part, but that doesn't help the new people picking up the game for the first time.
And that is the reason I don't buy any NHL or NBA games, I don't follow the sports close enough to be able to understand the controls due to the lack of explanation in the manual.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:46 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 25

Funny how this time of year always has so much to debate about .

Back on point...Bottom line is this...Changes have/havnt been made this year. There is ZERO we can do about it...Nothing is going to change and we have to live with what we got now. All the economic debates, All the casual VS Hardcore is futile no matter what side of the fence you may or may not be on.

We have one choice, accept the S-Pad no matter how stupid it may be...We have to accept EA's "Vision" and hope for the best...We have to just live with it....Madden target audience IS NOT US anymore...Sadly, we are the VAST minority here.

I have been here for a while now and have always had a STRONG feeling towards MADDEN like 98% of the rest of us...But we just have to accept what is available and roll with it. It might not be what we want, but its all we got.

The above was painful to type as i feel so strongly about several things, but i gotta move on....WE.. gotta move on as it s obvious everything we have discussed has fallen on deaf ears or is just so impossible its not gonna happen.

Last edited by SA1NT401; 07-29-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #61
Rookie

twthomas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Competition didn't work out too well for the NHL2K series. Nor did it work out too well for the Tony Hawk series, or the NBA Live series, or the Medal of Honor series, Prizefighter....the list goes on. For every great game that came out during a time of competition one could name another that failed and became extinct during a time of competition. You know what leads to great games? Strong leadership, solid goals, and a talented workforce. Madden and NCAA have made very strong strides the last couple of years with new leadership in place...........and zero competition.
I am not sure I follow exactly what you are saying but what about FIFA and PES?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 10:28 PM   #62
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by twthomas
I am not sure I follow exactly what you are saying but what about FIFA and PES?

Gran Turismo vs Forza

If Forza hadn't come along you'd still be playing bumper cars in GT

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 07-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #63
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I haven't read this entire thread, but it's not a dirty secret. Frazier came right out and set they had to make it easier for 'everybody'. i.e. We are not their customer. It's casual gamers they want. I suppose they are basing that off the assumption that 1, the game has become far more complicated than 5+ years ago which negatively affected sells, and 2, the wonderfully amazing high sells of Madden on the Wii is something they want to replicate on the 360/PS3.

They want to dumb down Madden fine, but I don't think that's going to change peoples minds to make a purchase. All the n00b bells and whistles in the world will not make the game a better product, and that's what they need, a better product and one that better represents the sport. That's where I thought they were taking the game a couple of years back, which perhaps it was at the time, but it's clearly not their goal anymore. Their goal is online, their Madden 'economy', and casual gamers. Right now it looks like if they can tie a direct ROI to it on Madden, then it ain't getting done. My take is they are scrambling to increase $$$ so they can purchase an exclusive license again. I'm willing to bet that if they can't hit certain sales targets then their going to have to let it go.

Last edited by Valdarez; 07-29-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #64
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

The below is strictly my opinion and in no way am I saying I know more about FB than anyone else...cuz that's far from the case. Just making a statement of how I think things are.....
--------------------------------------------------------

All the S-Pad change did was remove the ability to cheese and fight the cheese.
It's a wash.
Well sort of.
The change also hurt in trying to get a better play ran on the field. I'll take that exchange for now.
Now we should focus on getting better play design and/or a better play calling system.

Madden in it's current state and pretty much for a looooong time, is in itself pretty dumbed down.
That's why a lot of you want the ability to redesign plays every snap.

I see many people and a lot of kids, that have zero clue about the ins and outs of FB, easily pick up and win at Madden.

Being good at Madden doesn't = being good at FB
Being good at Madden = being good at Madden...in it's current state.
This is fine though as there are many many fans of the way Madden is.

If EA wants to go that route then fine. It's their right to do so.

We need competition and an end to the exclusive deal if we want different choices.

Join togther and fight/protest that.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »