Home

WAY too many drops and open receivers!

This is a discussion on WAY too many drops and open receivers! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: WAY too many drops and open receivers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsReality
The only wide open drops that have happened with me was with Braylon Edwards...

That's realistic.
Obviously you don't watch football. He only had 4 drops last season, just they were in clutch situations. Anyone who is saying it's more realistic is ********. I had OVER 30 drops in one game on the new demo!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #18
Banned

And for those saying it's because of hits, I'm talking about WIDE OPEN WRs, like when they beat the DBs on a streak.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #19
Banned

Also, it's IMPOSSIBLE to tackle! The HB/WR/QB just bounce off of them EVERY time!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:49 PM   #20
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhs63
Also, it's IMPOSSIBLE to tackle! The HB/WR/QB just bounce off of them EVERY time!
Really? I didn't have a problem tackling. Are you trying to use the Hit Stick or something? They said they made that more difficult.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #21
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Really? I didn't have a problem tackling. Are you trying to use the Hit Stick or something? They said they made that more difficult.
Well, I gotta say I disagree with most everything in this thread. I'm enjoying the tackling, and if anything, in my view, the receivers are too proficient. Just my opinion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 08:10 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Well, I gotta say I disagree with most everything in this thread. I'm enjoying the tackling, and if anything, in my view, the receivers are too proficient. Just my opinion
If you think over 30 drops is too proficient, obviously you don't watch or play real football.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #23
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Manning VS Sanchez...the 2nd best QB last year VS the 38th best QB last year (per football outsiders).

catch rate in 2009

clowney 64%
cotchery 60%
Smith 58%
Washington 58%
Keller 56%

--------------------
Addai 81%
Clark 75%
Wayne 67%
Collie 67%
Garcon 52%

they define catch rate related to incomplete passes though and NOT dropped passes.

so..what would be more frustrating when controlling sanchez?.....balls landing at the feet of WR's or missing by 5 yards all the time or passes that get dropped all the time...looks like EA chose the latter to get the stats to match up

PS addai & clark are money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Do you mean receptions/(receptions+drops)? 80% is pretty bad, most players are in the 90-95% area. It's a fairly misleading statistic... last I checked, J.J. Stokes was the highest rated of all time. It's a difficult stat to find most of the time.

If you want receptions/times targeted, I think that leaves too much in the hands of the QB... that runs around 35-75% most years. Wes Welker is usually at the top of that list for guys with a significant number of receptions.

The trouble is that Madden counts some plays as drops that aren't drops in the NFL. If someone puts a hat on the ball as it comes in and you don't make the catch, that's a forced incompletion, not a drop. Madden counts it as a drop.

Last edited by K_GUN; 07-30-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:38 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

I've played several games back to back to back and have yet to see any issue with drops. Edwards dropped one deep ball but, I wouldn't say that he was all that open either. Holmes and Keller caught everything. Maybe your timing is off. If the ball isn't thrown on time the game will penalize you with drops or the receiver will stop his route and the ball will sail over his head (mostly with backs out of the backfield on check downs). It's either that or you got Madden Hands of Stone edition. Regardless, if you're having a problem there's sliders.

On a side note, hey EA it's okay to have players block on kick returns. Just sayin'.

ps No matter how you try to slice it, the Strategy Pad sucks. Quicker? Deeper?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »