Home

The Examiner says what we all kinda wanna say

This is a discussion on The Examiner says what we all kinda wanna say within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
The Examiner says what we all kinda wanna say

Madden 11 is an insult to gamers

Quote:
EA Sports has had a strangle hold on the NFL License for sometime now, but it was not until last year that EA really brought the Madden series to heights it had never been. After last years stellar game it seemed as if EA Sports was really starting to listen fans complaints about the series in an effort to finally get things right. However, based on this year that anaylisis could not be farther from the truth.

From my initial impressions of the demo it seems as if there has been litterally no refining of the graphics or physics engine of the game. Even the commentary from Chris Collinsworth is practically the same old lines he has been spouting for the past two years. The new color commentary announcer Gus Johnson is a great addition however he is terrible when pitching products throughout the game. Hands down he is the most annoyingly over the top product pitcher I have ever heard. The animations of players remains unchanged as well, which still leads to some glitches that are not big but do tend to take you out of the experience.

My biggest gripe with the game this year is the new Gameflow system which basically is a clever way to disguise the developers basically holding your hand as you play. Any long time fan of the series is not going to play with it and I hope to god that EA doesn't let people play online in competitive games this way. The entire new play call system is just a gimmicky attempt to lure in more casual gamers to the series. You would think that after all these years and hundreds and millions of copies being sold around the world that EA would recognize that fans do not want an easier game, they want a better game.

It's about time EA really listened to their fans or let someone else take over the NFL License. As a fan of the series I feel insulted by EA as should every other fan of the series. It pains me to say this but for the first time in six years I will not be purchasing the new Madden. Instead I think I will get my Football fix from the under appreciated NCAA Football series. At least there is one leauge EA has not butchered.
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-5...sult-to-gamers

Hey he said it not me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: The Examiner says what we all kinda wanna say

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooShay
Hey he said it not me
Except you did with your title. And no it's not what we all want to say.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 41

HAHA!

I actually like the demo as it plays better than any previous installment since 2005. I love 2K but this demo of Madden is pretty damn good IMO.

The game flow is something I will use and I am very happy to see a shut down CB play like one

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Not what I want to say.... AT ALL

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Not what I want to say.... AT ALL
Would you be harsher or more lenient with your words?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #6
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Yeah, I'm not insulted. But I will say, I kind of have a hard time in my head imagining that these improvements took a year to implement. I don't know what's into programming though, I'm sure Ian has been working 65 hour weeks for 2 months now.

"You would think that after all these years and hundreds and millions of copies being sold around the world that EA would recognize that fans do not want an easier game, they want a better game. "
-This , I believe is true. I understand why they want to get new, younger gamers involved. But I gotta tell you a 12 year old could have played M10 just fine. One that plays any other game, anyway. But I get their motivation. Quality sells, and quality is one of those things, that no matter who sees it in what demo , they know it.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:37 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Me neither. I liked the demo. There were a few issues here and there (like the sound cutting in and out), but I'm sure all those have been fixed for the release.

Really, the article is very silly. It criticizes Gus Johnson pitching products... and says that gameflow is so horrible and he hopes that it's not allowed for online play? Why? Why so much fuss about Gameflow? Gameflow is optional.

Sure, I'm not sure how Gameflow will work when you're playing with someone sitting right next to you but it's optional anyway. Just turn it off.

Is it just me or do people want to complain about every little thing?
Old 07-29-2010, 11:44 PM   #8
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Would you be harsher or more lenient with your words?
EA Sports has had a strangle hold on the NFL License for sometime now, but it was not until last year that EA really brought the Madden series to heights it had never been. After last years stellar game it seemed as if EA Sports was really starting to listen fans complaints about the series in an effort to finally get things right. However, based on this year that anaylisis could not be farther from the truth.

I agree about everything except the last sentence. What exactly is the last sentence based on? the S-Pad? the lack of Dynasty enhancements? The demo?
I see nothing yet that says EA isn't still TRYING to make Madden better. What's better in our opinion may not match their opinion.

From my initial impressions of the demo it seems as if there has been litterally no refining of the graphics or physics engine of the game. Even the commentary from Chris Collinsworth is practically the same old lines he has been spouting for the past two years. The new color commentary announcer Gus Johnson is a great addition however he is terrible when pitching products throughout the game. Hands down he is the most annoyingly over the top product pitcher I have ever heard. The animations of players remains unchanged as well, which still leads to some glitches that are not big but do tend to take you out of the experience.

I think the blocking is better. Light years better? No, but better. Animations (and I don't understand why this wont sink into some of these peoples minds) are simply not going to get much better with the current engine.
Madden needs a new engine or an extreme makeover to the engine. Problem is..when EA does go to a better engine and has to start from scratch the seas will open and hell fire will rain with the "WHY DID YOU TAKE OUT *insert mode here* or "I'm used to it being this way WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT?? IT WASN'T BROKEN!!!?" ??!!??!!

My biggest gripe with the game this year is the new Gameflow system which basically is a clever way to disguise the developers basically holding your hand as you play. Any long time fan of the series is not going to play with it and I hope to god that EA doesn't let people play online in competitive games this way. The entire new play call system is just a gimmicky attempt to lure in more casual gamers to the series. You would think that after all these years and hundreds and millions of copies being sold around the world that EA would recognize that fans do not want an easier game, they want a better game.

TOTALLY disagree. Gameflow is just another option to speed up the game for those that want to. And to be negative about something you can turn off is rediculous. Every year we get MANY posts saying "I don't have an hour to play Madden!!" Well we get an option to speed it up and it's a negative? Please.

It's about time EA really listened to their fans or let someone else take over the NFL License. As a fan of the series I feel insulted by EA as should every other fan of the series. It pains me to say this but for the first time in six years I will not be purchasing the new Madden. Instead I think I will get my Football fix from the under appreciated NCAA Football series. At least there is one leauge EA has not butchered.

It's fine that he won't buy the game. It's his choice.
To be insulted by a game is well I'll leave that one alone....

I'm insulted by our own government but not by a video game.

It's just a game that you actually have a choice to buy or not.

Oh I agree about the exclusive needing to be done. NOT that EA should give it up. That would be a stupid business decision.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 07-29-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »