Home

Madden NFL 11 Blog: GameFlow and The Strategy Pad

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Blog: GameFlow and The Strategy Pad within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:50 PM   #57
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 11 Blog: GameFlow and The Strategy Pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No you haven't. According to you it ruins the vision of a game...Remember, according to you, developers make the game they want to make and consumer feedback is irrelevant. You have mentioned that on several occasions...
hmm, well maybe i didn't explain myself well enough and for that i apologize.

Psychologically speaking, I'm a 'take it as it comes' kind of guy, and i judge everything by it's own merit, this blog included. The reason my outlook is like this is because it's the only way i can judge things by their own worth, not allow myself to fall into a destructive mentality even if things seem to be nothing but destructive around me..this is big to me, I'm not a fan of comparative analysis though sometimes it's necessary. this is because it allows me to better see things for what they are, approach it from a constructive angle, not be redundant (which allows your point of view to be noticed), and not allow myself to be bias.

As far as the Madden team and their vision is concerned, this action alone shows me that they aren't oblivious to consumer feedback or this patch wouldn't be occurring. I've stated numerously that i have faith that franchise mode will be improved in 2012 and that i'm actually looking forward to madden 2012. I think they are aware that this needs to be a priority largely because of consumer feedback. Just because they aren't talking, doesn't mean they aren't listening. (But alas they ARE talking, i have repeatedly said communication was everything, bad news is better than NO news) People have to remember they need to have the opportunity to listen before they can talk. The game hasn't even come out yet so this was very diligent of them. It's also just plain old good business.

As always, time and timing plays a huge factor in everything. Of course the developers make the game they want to make and they SHOULD. well really, it's a balance, kind of like how i approach my music. i make music for me and the audience. not one or the other. Real success lies within having as much perspective as possible.

This doesn't change the fact that i was livid about the strategy pad and that it would of effectively kept me from buying this years game. I can honestly say somewhere in my mind i thought that they would rectify this issue or i would of been wasting my time posting my impressions about it wouldn't i?

Options are a good thing, who doesn't like options? i'm a micromanaging fiend lol so i could never have enough options, as far as customization is concerned. (which reminds me.. allow us to edit more please! ) there's no reason to restrict anything. If i'm in a one person franchise i should be able to do basically whatever i wish at any point (switch teams, edit players ratings (this alone could solve draft class issues), etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I agree with everything you have said about Madden...
thanks, i hope that continues as i'm sure we both want the same thing. there's power in numbers and this alone proves that if we remain respectful, really try and understand where they are coming from, and make a strong enough point, they will listen!

Last edited by KensaiKatai; 07-31-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:24 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3

I hated the strat pad, but I like Ians reasoning.

It would stop alot of cheese IMO.

Alot of guys wouldnt be able to make 100 adjustments to get that advantage.

It would have even the playing field. Maybe 1 or 2 adjustments.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:41 AM   #59
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

Glad we can change it back. Did anyone else notice you can't reset to your original play on the strategy pad?

Also, will this address the issue of having to scroll through a quick formation audio and then having to select it?
Old 07-31-2010, 05:41 AM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
This shows 2 encouraging things....1) They're listening 2)they really DO know how people are using the game
All it shows is that they can read data, doesn't mean they've listened.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:43 AM   #61
Rookie

The real problem is how fast the CPU snaps the ball. Hope they fix it with the new patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 07:06 AM   #62
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensaiKatai
Thank you for listening to us phil and ian. I will buy the game once the change is implemented, truly looking forward to it as this is the best madden 'gameplay' i've ever seen. It's all a moot point if i couldn't call the plays i wanted though. Thanks again.

They can speak for themselves.

Those stats don't tell the whole story, it's like saying kirk morrison is a good mlb by the amount of tackles he had. There's so many variables involved but i won't get into that..i'm just glad they listened to us and responded. It might seem irrational to you but this issue was keeping me from buying the game for the first time in my life.

You say they didn't need to put it back in, i say they did if they wanted my purchase. it's that simple. and yes i am VERY grateful.
I wasn't speaking to you specifically, but you made it sound personal.

I'm pretty sure if you go through my post, I was for options and finding a solution to this outpouring distaste for the SP.

I was trying to point out to another poster that I quoted who stated it was a silly stupid idea in the first place. I was trying to point out that stats don't lie and they had to make a business decision off those stats. Just like they had to make a business decision to put the old way back in. Just thought that one poster was ungrateful, not pointing to anyone else.

The final result is it's a win-win for everyone. And no, I didn't think it was irrational on your part because you explained yourself. You have more than 4 adjustments to make on the line, I don't. I play merely offline and have no issues with the SP. There are different kinds of players for Madden, so, I understand that.

My only issue is when someone put up a video of Madden 10 and showed everyone how they could set up a nano in 10, but now couldn't in 11. That really put a bad taste in my mouth.

Soxfan- The testing of the new method (SP) is all hindsight, though. At the time, EA had to make a business decision based on the old method stats.

And like you said, as it stands now, it's a moot point. A win-win for everyone.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:48 AM   #63
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Strategy Pad Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
Personally I think it takes less time to memorize how to get out of an audible you "accidentally" got into than it does to memorize this new way to make audibles with the strategy pad. Actually I bet there will be an even MORE staggering amount of numbers with more delay of games and people in the middle of making an audibe when the ball is snapped (for defense) with the strategy pad than the previous way.

But anyways that's all irrelevant now as we will have the option for the old way to make audibles. Thanks! Now I won't get too confused when switching between NCAA and Madden.
I agree 100 percent, if your new to something the only way to learn is to screw something up after the second or 3rd time your going to stop doing it and pull out the instruction manual and figure out whats going on.Now the targeted audience is going to have to learn a new set of controls.....As far as the numbers using game flow I am to lazy to change it when I use the demo,all it is is an ask Madden and not even worth hyping it up as much as it was.The fact that EA spent so much time marketing game flow and what a waste it appears to be to me (and yes those percentages are highly inflated) I cant imagine the improvements they could have made to offline dynasty if they had put in that same effort.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:44 AM   #64
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
Saw this comment and have seen similar comments before. More than 80% of Madden gamers have a console that's connected to Xbox Live based on our numbers. Our telemetry comes from any game that is played on an internet connected console. Not just from 'online games'. We get lots of useful data.

Phil
Thanks for the response Phil. My problem with this is I am an offline gamer and always will be. I connected to online last year for patches, roster updates, 2-3 online games and one game in an online franchise. I was not connected for the hundred or so games of offline franchise I played as there's obviously no need. Every online game is recorded but a tiny % of offline games are but it seems EA ignores this and thinks almost nobody plays offline because it's not recorded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »