Home

This is how gameplanning & gameflow should have been setup...

This is a discussion on This is how gameplanning & gameflow should have been setup... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
This is how gameplanning & gameflow should have been setup...

I actually like the idea and being able to play a full game in 30 minutes BUT they forgot to mention that it takes quite a bit of time to actually setup your game plan which will be different for each opponent.

I would have done it like this...

** Let me choose which plays I can call for each situation. Notice I said that "I" can call in those situations. I don't what the computer deciding which play to call for a given situation. I realize you can put weight to each play but it takes the controls out of my hands.

So basically on 1st and 10 the only plays I could choose from would be the plays that I set up for that situation in my game plan but I get to pick the play. Doesn't that make much more sense?

It's obvious they did this to attract new gamers and people who don't run many different plays. I can see it being a big hit for a lot of people.

For them to say you can play a game in 30 minutes is very misleading IMO. If you don't spend 20 minutes setting up a game plan than yes but the calls are horrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 12:02 AM   #2
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: This is how gameplanning & gameflow should have been setup...

Right there with ya kid. I spent 35 min setting up the perfect game plan, then during the game the CPU chooses the dumbest ones for each situation regardless of weight. I want the situational card, and be able to pick what I want to run from what I predetermined as my choices for that situation. Damn I sounded smart just then. Anyways, that's not that big of a change. They should patch that in. Along with my BUCS ORANGE PANTS!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 07:10 AM   #3
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish813
Right there with ya kid. I spent 35 min setting up the perfect game plan, then during the game the CPU chooses the dumbest ones for each situation regardless of weight. I want the situational card, and be able to pick what I want to run from what I predetermined as my choices for that situation. Damn I sounded smart just then. Anyways, that's not that big of a change. They should patch that in. Along with my BUCS ORANGE PANTS!!!
You can actually pick from your Game Plan plays yourself.

Just when you first open the playbook instead of choosing to pick by formation, "ask madden", by play type etc. pick "Game Plan" and there yeah go, each situation will bring up your plays you picked.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:34 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 18

he's right . go into game plan and delete all the plays. only pick like 5 plays for each situation. ( the key is you have to like all those plays). also in the final build set your audibles to go along with certain formations. If you only have 5 plays for each situation madden will choose 3 out of the five for you. if you dont like what he has ,audible out to one of your plays for that formation.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:17 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

Very interesting! Thank you for pointing that out! I just might have to jump into a game now and see how it works.

Why would the extremely intelligent engineers not mention this about the feature???? (unless of course my much less intelligent mind missed it...)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 09:32 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

The way they implemented the gameplan feature makes it almost useless.

On offense, instead of just picking plays based on down and distance, they should have allowed for other variables like how effective certain plays have been that game and what the score is. If I'm down by 20, I'm not likely to still want to run a lot on 2nd and short. If my inside running game has been stuffed all game, I don't want the gameplan logic calling those plays as much.

Defense is the same. The categories are too limited and don't account for the score of what's working.

It's nice that they are trying something new, but these are ideas that could have easily been incorporated this year. As it is right now, it's not of much real use.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:40 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
The way they implemented the gameplan feature makes it almost useless.

On offense, instead of just picking plays based on down and distance, they should have allowed for other variables like how effective certain plays have been that game and what the score is. If I'm down by 20, I'm not likely to still want to run a lot on 2nd and short. If my inside running game has been stuffed all game, I don't want the gameplan logic calling those plays as much.

Defense is the same. The categories are too limited and don't account for the score of what's working.

It's nice that they are trying something new, but these are ideas that could have easily been incorporated this year. As it is right now, it's not of much real use.
In the NFL, the Game Plan IS based on down and distance - that's how you prepare for a game. You set up your game plan based on your opponent's tendencies for down and distance. If you look up further in the thread, if your objection is to the computer picking a play even though it hasn't been working, you could set up the plan with only 5 plays for each situation and then use "Ask Madden" to let you have the choice of what to actually call from your game plan. To me that makes it a perfect trade off of realism versus game.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:56 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
I actually like the idea and being able to play a full game in 30 minutes BUT they forgot to mention that it takes quite a bit of time to actually setup your game plan which will be different for each opponent.

I would have done it like this...

** Let me choose which plays I can call for each situation. Notice I said that "I" can call in those situations. I don't what the computer deciding which play to call for a given situation. I realize you can put weight to each play but it takes the controls out of my hands.

So basically on 1st and 10 the only plays I could choose from would be the plays that I set up for that situation in my game plan but I get to pick the play. Doesn't that make much more sense?

It's obvious they did this to attract new gamers and people who don't run many different plays. I can see it being a big hit for a lot of people.

For them to say you can play a game in 30 minutes is very misleading IMO. If you don't spend 20 minutes setting up a game plan than yes but the calls are horrible.
You can do this. Use gameplanning, but don't use gameflow. A huddle option named gameplan will show up, having all those plays there to select. Maybe it's only in the full version(I haven't played the demo), but thats the only way I use gameplanning. Works very well.

Before you jump to conclusions about what you can or can't do play the full game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »