Home

Question for those unsatisfied with M11 but like NCAA11

This is a discussion on Question for those unsatisfied with M11 but like NCAA11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #49
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Question for those unsatisfied with M11 but like NCAA11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan
how are you unsatisfied with a game in which you only played the demo? your comparing a demo to a full game a basing opinions off of that?

In all honesty here that whole demo argument does not hold weight. Many say its a demo so it is missing certain things from the game, and the only thing it is missing is the options that are locked, but what you see is what you get.

You can compare a demo to a game in this case. Madden was a full 5 minute qtr demo, so it did not leave anything out.

The NCAA demo showed the atmosphere it had, it was not something that showed up in the retail version, and the same is with Madden.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #50
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Keep in mind that some of the items in M11 were promised in M10 as well. Sidelines catches for example. Hence why many feel Madden 11 is more like Madden 10.5. It's making up for what was promised in M10, without delivering much else gameplay wise. All of the other changes are to entice people to play online, to entice newer players (casual fans), or to produce a direct ROI (Live Madden Moments, Scouting Reports, etc).

Imagine if Madden 9, suddenly became Madden 11, and you'll have a better understanding of why more people are impressed with NCAA.

I'm going to say this on the record after playing the Demo. I know Ian had a 3 year vision to make the game better. After what I've seen in the demo, if what we are seeing in M11 is his 3 year vision, then is far from what many sim gamers were expecting in 3 years. Madden 12, the end goal of his 3 year vision, it is not going to measure up to the expectations disenfranchised Madden/Football gamers were expecting. The changes are too few, taking too long, and are falling towards the shallow end of the quality pool.

Last edited by Valdarez; 08-01-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
In all honesty here that whole demo argument does not hold weight. Many say its a demo so it is missing certain things from the game, and the only thing it is missing is the options that are locked, but what you see is what you get.

You can compare a demo to a game in this case. Madden was a full 5 minute qtr demo, so it did not leave anything out.

The NCAA demo showed the atmosphere it had, it was not something that showed up in the retail version, and the same is with Madden.
That's not usually true. The majority of the time the demo version is not quite the same as the final release version and the game will have been tuned or be in a more mature state after the demo version.

We've seen this in countless games, whether it' MLB the Show, NCAA football, Backbreaker football or NBA Live. The majority of the time the Demo is not quite as advanced as final release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #52
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

Sorry, that isn't true with this demo. Phil said in an interview last week that there is two weeks of tuning of gameplay added after the demo and the audio is obviously more complete. They had to chop a lot of audio to lesson the load on the consoles.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #53
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Sorry, that isn't true with this demo. Phil said in an interview last week that there is two weeks of tuning of gameplay added after the demo and the audio is obviously more complete. They had to chop a lot of audio to lesson the load on the consoles.
We shall see how much more different it is when it releases. I hear this every year, and when the game drops its the same.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #54
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
We shall see how much more different it is when it releases. I hear this every year, and when the game drops its the same.
Trust me, there will be a huge difference in audio.

If you won't be able to tell that, I don't know what to tell you.

Ian said on Twitter the audio was 5 weeks outdated when the demo finished and he also mentioned they had to chop the audio to make it suitable for downloading.

Just saying.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

heres the thing, NCAA11 is just more fun to play than madden

Madden is boring....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Agreed. If nearly a year of work only got them gameflow, locomotion, commentary and maybe a few graphical tweaks I don't see a few weeks of tweaking doing anything significant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »