Home

Let's talk about moves you'll make for your team in franchise mode.

This is a discussion on Let's talk about moves you'll make for your team in franchise mode. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2010, 02:25 AM   #17
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Let's talk about moves you'll make for your team in franchise mode.

With the Broncos, i will more than likely trade Orton before the trade deadline and move Brady Quinn into the starting position. Hopefully with the trade, i can get either a 4th or 5th round pick at best for him.

During the draft I am hoping to package those picks i got from the Orton trade and move up to get either another 2nd or 3rd round pick.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 08-01-2010, 02:29 AM   #18
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Well I play with the saints and I get too attached with my players so gonna be hard but prolly trade a CB or WR to get an OLB

I'll prolly start a Chiefs franchise as well, gotta think of possible moves to do.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:41 AM   #19
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11

I play with the Bears, I usually look to keep my team realistic the first season but once the season ends I intend to trade HB Chester Taylor, I know we just signed him but I like Kahlil Bell and am very excited for Harvey Unga and I will have tons of youth and potential at the RB position.

Move Devin Hester as primarily a kick and punt returner with the occasional slot and #4 receiver

Look to add an elite offensive lineman is my main priority either in free agency or even moving up in the draft for a top 10 pick.

On defense I need to add a strong defensive tackle to take the double team away from Tommie Harris and I need a Hybrid Linebacker/End for depth and flexibility with my playcalling.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:49 AM   #20
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
How do you figure that?
It's obvious you haven't seen him play. In madden 10 he had "A" potential I think. He is only entering his 3rd season.

So many people only care about speed. Speed kills, but it isn't the only thing that makes a great receiver. Morgan and Crabtree are not burners. They run great routes and make plays. They should make a great tandem for years to come. I agree with AJ. i don't think he should be an 89+ or anything, but he should be in the 80's. Well, that and the OVERALL rating should go away/be hidden.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-01-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:52 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
It's obvious you haven't seen him play. In madden 10 he had "A" potential I think. He is only entering his 3rd season.

So many people only care about speed. Speed kills, but it isn't the only thing that makes a great receiver. Morgan and Crabtree are not burners. They run great routes and make plays. They should make a great tandem for years to come.
I think you guys need a new qb, seeing as what you have right now isn't getting it done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 03:12 AM   #22
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I agree with you. To be fair though, they started to understand that Alex "has" to be a shotgun QB. I suspect that now we finally have the same offensive coordinator for back to back years for the first time in years AND that they/he learned how to use Alex best, we may actually break 8-8 this season.

Funny thing is that the 49ers coordinators keep getting taken from us. 2004 Jim Mora Jr. was taken to be the falcons HC. Two years later Mike McCarthy was taken to be the Packers HC, the next year Norv Turner was taken to be the Chargers HC. mike Martz was fired and now we finally have some consistency. We'll see what happens next. Hopefully 9-7 or better.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I agree with you. To be fair though, they started to understand that Alex "has" to be a shotgun QB. I suspect that now we finally have the same offensive coordinator for back to back years for the first time in years AND that they/he learned how to use Alex best, we may actually break 8-8 this season.

Funny thing is that the 49ers coordinators keep getting taken from us. 2004 Jim Mora Jr. was taken to be the falcons HC. Two years later Mike McCarthy was taken to be the Packers HC, the next year Norv Turner was taken to be the Chargers HC. mike Martz was fired and now we finally have some consistency. We'll see what happens next. Hopefully 9-7 or better.
I say 49ers go 10-6 why? 1 guy Pat Willis. ESPN and all the tv has given Darelle Revis the title of Best defensive player in the NFL but for someone whos #2 team is the 49ers and watched every game last year I greatly disagree. I think PW is not only the best Defensive player in the NFL but definitely one of the top 2 or 3 players in the NFL overall. This guy is young he is extremely fast for a middle linebacker and he can single handedly take away not only the opponents running game but also their tight end. If Alex Smith is used properly and Vernon Davis's success continues and you add morgan crabtree gore and willis to that equation and the result iis one scary young team.

Last edited by MasterMike32v2; 08-01-2010 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Messed up sorry
Old 08-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 21

cut WRs Aiken & Edelman, QB Robinson, DT Pryor, DEs Deaderick/Richards, HB Green-Ellis,

change Merriweather to FS, start Chung at SS

change Burgess from ROLB to RE

Trade draft picks for upgrades at both stating OLBs, and maybe one CB

Play the first season as a pass happy team. First offseason, trade all Pat's crappy backs and draft picks for one dominant starter at HB

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »