Home

Presentation

This is a discussion on Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #17
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
2k5's presentation was topnotch, IMO.
Not just your opinion -- everyone's opinion .

But it's dated now. Even though I haven't spent extensive time with APF, I think that presentation is more relevant today. It wasn't over the top or flashy. There was no Chris Berman LOL. It was just effective. Variety! The game didn't feel rushed in between plays. They played on dramatization of each play IMO.

I don't know what it is with Madden. I mean, the presentation has improved the last 2 years...don't get me wrong. It has given Madden more life than it ever has had. But it just seems that Madden is caught between trying to bring in new customers + adapt Madden to their interpretation of today's gamer + include some presentation to bring a little life to their game = identity crisis. That last sentence is a ramble but you get my point .
Old 08-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7

I think we should start blaming 2k... in actuality its really their fault because they made a game that mimics a tv broadcast. Before it came out we never complained about maddens' presentation and if there was never an nfl 2k5 we would most likely be happy with how madden is today..... I think im gonna send them some hate mail right now.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

These are the things that kill me about EA. They have done great presentation in other games... Recently they did NCAA basketball with two broadcast booths and two types of stat overlays which were AWESOME with CBS and ESPN.

I would like to know why EA can't have AFC games done with CBS presentation, NFC games done with FOX presentation and Monday night games with ESPN presentation. Why would that be so hard for them to do that when they did that for another one of it's games that they just threw out the window BTW.

These are the things that really irk people about EA. We know you CAN do it, but don't for some unknown reason.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
I think we should start blaming 2k... in actuality its really their fault because they made a game that mimics a tv broadcast. Before it came out we never complained about maddens' presentation and if there was never an nfl 2k5 we would most likely be happy with how madden is today..... I think im gonna send them some hate mail right now.
Its not their fault EA can't top them 6 years later. If you would have told me what football games would be like in 2010 6 years ago, I would have thought you were crazy. Going off 2k5, NCAA 06, Madden 05 football games should be ten times further than they are now. I would have expected multiple TV crews with 99% accurate presentation, the most realistic gameplay ever, best graphics ever, etc.

All we have now is gameplay that still has big problems that past games did not. We have terrible presentation in Madden, NCAA is okay for now. The graphics are okay, but everything is wrong proportionally.

Look at MLB 2k10, NA 2k10. I have been playing those games and had people walk in my room and think it was a real game going on. Then when I play Madden, people walk in and instantly know its a video game. It just doesn't look real and the players definitely are not created right. Players in Madden look like Comic book characters. Its not just the way the players, field, etc. look. The broadcasts, commentary, everything in both those 2k10 games look true to life and sound real.

Sorry to get off topic, but I had to say it.

― Plato
Old 08-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #21
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeclone
I would like to know why EA can't have AFC games done with CBS presentation, NFC games done with FOX presentation and Monday night games with ESPN presentation. Why would that be so hard for them to do that when they did that for another one of it's games that they just threw out the window BTW.
I could care less about networks to be honest with you. I'm content with one fake network honestly. But in these last two years, the team hasn't shown that they can nail down TV presentation. They've been successful in bringing life to this game...but it's not many times where you feel truly immersed a la The Show & NBA 2K.

I don't want to say they need to go back to the drawing board b/c again, I don't feel they are entirely off the mark. They gotta establish what they're trying to do here. Trying to hit it in the middle and satisfy everyone doesn't seem to be the way to go. At least not in my opinion...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #22
Rookie

ericdrum's Arena

OVR: 2

After a bunch of games, I will often play with a lot of the broadcast presentation stuff off, so it's like I'm at the stadium. So I put more of my preference in the ambience of the stadium and how that aspect of the presentation comes off.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #23
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I agree persentation can be much better what is right now no doubt. I think presentation in madden 11 is going be good this year. But I would like to hear alot better announcing like you are hearing in 2k basketball games and stuff. I think it could help out madden team alot if they brought someone in who knows alot about presentation in there to help. But for that to happen EA would have to pay that person alot of money to do that. And with EA lossing alot of money over the past few years are so in sales. It would be hard fo them right now to bring in someone that knows alot about football presentation. But I would love to see them do alot better then it is right now tho. But I guess for now presentation for madden11 will have to do I guess.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #24
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Not just your opinion -- everyone's opinion .

But it's dated now. Even though I haven't spent extensive time with APF, I think that presentation is more relevant today. It wasn't over the top or flashy. There was no Chris Berman LOL. It was just effective. Variety! The game didn't feel rushed in between plays. They played on dramatization of each play IMO.

I don't know what it is with Madden. I mean, the presentation has improved the last 2 years...don't get me wrong. It has given Madden more life than it ever has had. But it just seems that Madden is caught between trying to bring in new customers + adapt Madden to their interpretation of today's gamer + include some presentation to bring a little life to their game = identity crisis. That last sentence is a ramble but you get my point .
Even tho I still support EA because I love madden. Why they are trying to gain new customers. They are losing old customers aswell because of the things they trying to gain new customers. I think in the long run EA is losing more old and loyal customers why trying to gain a handfull of new customers. And you are right about EA having a identity crisis. Most of the time they don't know what they want to do to make the old loyals customers happy why trying to bring in new ones. That's why their sales have gone down so much over the past few years are so. I really hope EA gets their act straight before it is to late for them.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 08-01-2010 at 03:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »