Home

a small immersion detail....

This is a discussion on a small immersion detail.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
a small immersion detail....

Seems like most areas of the game have been covered, over and over again, and I know this is a small thing that for the most part does not matter in the big picture of the game....but I am a hardcore immersion guy and I have been noticing NO stadium announcer in any of the E3 vids or the demo. NCAA has a great live PA sound that really makes you feel like your at the stadium, but nothing so far from Madden. I know, who cares!! But for me every aspect of the game helps with my enjoyment - it's not only what you see, but what you hear on Sunday for me, that's why I was quite happy to see they got the soundtrack music down, and the crowd now sounds great in their reacting to plays etc! Just wondering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: a small immersion detail....

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrimmage1
Seems like most areas of the game have been covered, over and over again, and I know this is a small thing that for the most part does not matter in the big picture of the game....but I am a hardcore immersion guy and I have been noticing NO stadium announcer in any of the E3 vids or the demo. NCAA has a great live PA sound that really makes you feel like your at the stadium, but nothing so far from Madden. I know, who cares!! But for me every aspect of the game helps with my enjoyment - it's not only what you see, but what you hear on Sunday for me, that's why I was quite happy to see they got the soundtrack music down, and the crowd now sounds great in their reacting to plays etc! Just wondering.
stadium announcer is in the ps3 demo...not often but it is there
Old 08-04-2010, 11:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Maybe it's default is low or off.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:52 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

SOUND - The sound is not NEAR as bad as the demo. It's got the custom stadium sounds, chants, etc in it so it makes it much better. I also like how it plays the various music on the PA system. That music is somewhat muffled and I imagine it's to convey a feeling of it being from the PA system but it's still ab it more muffled than I would like. The sound of the crowd is not loud enough so I adjusted in the menu. It's more reactionary IMO but still not as dynamic and/or not enough variance from highs to lows as I would like to make the game more exciting. The announcing is improved, probably some of the best announcing since the early days of Madden but as we all know, that isn't much of a compliment. Gus does a good job overall but I'd like to see more references to names all around and less cute nickname calling (I imagine Steelers fans will want to tear their hair out after a few games hearing Gus call Hines Ward "Psycho" Ward..). Collinsworth is flat and doesn't really interact with Gus much. EA really is trying to improve here so I'm not going to dog on them too much but it's still not a particularly strong area for the game.

here is what someone wrote about the sound in the impressions thread from wut they said no PA announcer
Old 08-05-2010, 12:54 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

I like games to be like I'm watching on TV, so I don't wanna feel like I'm in the stadium. On day when I have the guts, I'll be playing on the broadcast camera view, but boy would that be hard.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »