Home

Play calling menu... (Then vs Now)

This is a discussion on Play calling menu... (Then vs Now) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Play calling menu... (Then vs Now)

Something that has bugged me the last few years is that when you return to the play calling menu you get defaulted to your last formation. I don't remember it being that way years ago. (ie: being in special teams formation on 1st down) That makes me crazy.

I think each down should default to the formation used on that down last. (ie: I ran "Singleback" on 1st down and "I formation" on 2nd. On my next 1st down I should be in "Singleback" by default)

Didn't the play calling use to be something similar to this? (I don't ever remember being in "special teams" by default on 1st down years ago. This happens all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 01:53 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Play calling menu... (Then vs Now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPraze
Something that has bugged me the last few years is that when you return to the play calling menu you get defaulted to your last formation. I don't remember it being that way years ago. (ie: being in special teams formation on 1st down) That makes me crazy.

I think each down should default to the formation used on that down last. (ie: I ran "Singleback" on 1st down and "I formation" on 2nd. On my next 1st down I should be in "Singleback" by default)

Didn't the play calling use to be something similar to this? (I don't ever remember being in "special teams" by default on 1st down years ago. This happens all the time.
yeah I know EXACTLY what you mean....but I just presumed it was a glitch or something and would get fixed by release date...

anyone else hear about this issue being brought up to the devs?
Old 08-02-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Play calling menu... (Then vs Now)

The only thing I've noticed that annoys me with the play calling screen is that on 4th down, it automatically goes to 2 punting plays. It just throws me off when every other play, it starts off in the formations.

Actually another thing I just thought of that bothers me is, and this isn't that big of a deal, but to me it seems like they made the play call screen as ugly as they possibly could this year. No yard lines in the play windows, it's hard to tell which routes are auto-motion routes since they're no longer colored green, etc.

The one good thing they did add to the play call screen that NCAA did as well is that when you go to kick a field goal, it shows you how many yards away you are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »