Home

Buf Vs Cle(New Video)

This is a discussion on Buf Vs Cle(New Video) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Buf Vs Cle(New Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Nice video. Hmm Punt return and kick return for a TD back to back. He must of been playing this on rookie and pro settings. But nice video and way. Thanks for posting bro.
yeah that was the first thing I noticed.....I just hope its not going to be like last year....it got to the point where I was just letting my player get tackled around the 20-30 yard line.......unless the CPU cheated me on the previous possession, which then I had to problem taking that sucker to the house.

I just hate sometimes lately, how you have to change the way you play to make it fun....like limit yourself.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Really not liking Gus Johnson
Yeah, he's going to get old really fast. I don't like the way he speaks, always yelling. The way he pitch's the Verizon ad is the most annoying thing ever! considering how often people are going to hear it.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:52 PM   #11
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

I thought I read somewhere that in the final version Gus would use the players names instead of saying 'he' or 'that guy'. Doesn't sound like it in this vid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Nice, getting me pumped up! Might be saying I wish Tom Hammond was back after a season of Gus...ugh. I may be in the minority but I'm not sure I like his style either.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #13
Rookie

will12203's Arena

OVR: 8

Go Bills good find man Parrish is gonna be a beast on Special Teams and in the slot

great Buffalo Bills talk
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

the official Madden 12 messageboard
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/396.page

the official EA Sports World Video Site
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile

gamertag: will12203
Old 08-02-2010, 06:37 PM   #14
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Watching some of these videos, assuming this is the retail build, this game has a long way to go. Absolutely no pass defense, your QB gets creamed almost every PA pass because the LT just lets the LB run right by him, doesn't even make an attempt to block him, just looks confused. I mean really? Flats are wide open once again, pass rush is non-existent once again, players show a general look of confusion way to often, tacking is extremely poor.

These are the things I see. I don't know how to fix them, or I would make those suggestions. On a positive note, the game is beautiful, colors jump off the screen. Gus sounds better than what we have heard. Some of the gameplay looks really good, but there are just so many issues that haven't been addressed.

Overall looking at these videos, and playing the demo, there is no way this game is worth $60 to me. Im not sure what the problem is. Maybe the "engine" is handicapping them, maybe they need better development talent. I really don't know. This will be the first time since I can remember that I will not buy Madden on release day.

I tried to be as constructive as I possibly could be. But I am very disappointed once again. Lets hope they implement a physics engine next year and that can cure a lot of the issues that have plagued this series for years.

Last edited by PVarck31; 08-02-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #15
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
Watching some of these videos, assuming this is the retail build, this game has a long way to go. Absolutely no pass defense, your QB gets creamed almost every PA pass because the LT just lets the LB run right by him, doesn't even make an attempt to block him, just looks confused. I mean really? Flats are wide open once again, pass rush is non-existent once again, players show a general look of confusion way to often, tacking is extremely poor.

These are the things I see. I don't know how to fix them, or I would make those suggestions. On a positive note, the game is beautiful, colors jump off the screen. Gus sounds better than what we have heard. Some of the gameplay looks really good, but there are just so many issues that haven't been addressed.

Overall looking at these videos, and playing the demo, there is no way this game is worth $60 to me. Im not sure what the problem is. Maybe the "engine" is handicapping them, maybe they need better development talent. I really don't know. This will be the first time since I can remember that I will not buy Madden on release day.

I tried to be as constructive as I possibly could be. But I am very disappointed once again. Lets hope they implement a physics engine next year and that can cure a lot of the issues that have plagued this series for years.
Agreed, assuming this is the retial copy, and no reason to think otherwise, it's safe to say all this "It's just the demo" talk is the SAME AS EVERY YEAR. Demos, especially for Madden, are rarely that much different than the retail build.

At E3 we were told that "it's and early build." With the demo people want to claim that it's just a shell of the game. then we see real raw footage of the game and the curtain is thrown back. Is this better than madden 10? without a doubt. Is it worth throwing another $60 at? Well that is up to each and every one of us. I don't know. Knowing about EA's hatred for used game sales, I doubt I am going to buy it used and then pay EA anyway. Also, I already have NCAA11. I am honestly leaning towards not even buying it this year.

thanks for the video... it's makes a world of difference. "Meh-dden 11"

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-02-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 24

The user skipped over waay too much. Was he trying to focus solely on gameplay?

Anyway, yeah, I get that "meh" feeling watching this. Last year, I couldn't stop playing the demo and watching every video made by people who got the game early. This year, I see a vid posted, and I skip that thread...I watched this one because it featured the Browns.......otherwise, I don't bother.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »