Home

Buf Vs Cle(New Video)

This is a discussion on Buf Vs Cle(New Video) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Buf Vs Cle(New Video)

Man...I dunno, Madden is just becoming really stale and boring to me now.

Gus Johnson is just over the top. I can appreciate the change from snoozer Hammond, but it when you get excited about drive summaries and runs up the middle, then the actual big plays get watered down. Not to mention the fact that it's mostly "He runs up the middle" or "they intercept the ball". I mean it's 2010 and they're still struggling with this?

Thank god for youtube because it saved me $65 this year...
Old 08-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #18
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Also, look at related videos. This user is giving viewers a lot of different videos with different teams and different settings. A nice collection.

EDIT: the more I watch of these the more Iknow, if I DO buy the game at some point, I'll be turning the commentary off. Not because of Gus, but because it still "doesn't make sense." I hope going with an on-field audio setting will help.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-02-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #19
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2king
Yeah, he's going to get old really fast. I don't like the way he speaks, always yelling. The way he pitch's the Verizon ad is the most annoying thing ever! considering how often people are going to hear it.
Not to mention how behind he was on the punt return calling off the yard markers. By the time he said "40!" he was at the 30.

It seems a bit delayed, to me, overall. Not just the return. During the first play, Gus said, "inside handoff!" as if he wasn't expecting it, but the runner was already being tackled.

Just shoddy.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #20
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
Watching some of these videos, assuming this is the retail build, this game has a long way to go. Absolutely no pass defense, your QB gets creamed almost every PA pass because the LT just lets the LB run right by him, doesn't even make an attempt to block him, just looks confused. I mean really? Flats are wide open once again, pass rush is non-existent once again, players show a general look of confusion way to often, tacking is extremely poor.

These are the things I see. I don't know how to fix them, or I would make those suggestions. On a positive note, the game is beautiful, colors jump off the screen. Gus sounds better than what we have heard. Some of the gameplay looks really good, but there are just so many issues that haven't been addressed.

Overall looking at these videos, and playing the demo, there is no way this game is worth $60 to me. Im not sure what the problem is. Maybe the "engine" is handicapping them, maybe they need better development talent. I really don't know. This will be the first time since I can remember that I will not buy Madden on release day.

I tried to be as constructive as I possibly could be. But I am very disappointed once again. Lets hope they implement a physics engine next year and that can cure a lot of the issues that have plagued this series for years.
As I said in my post a little earlier. From seeing the back to back returns made for TDs. I'm almost 100% for sure he is either playing on rookie or pro. Because on the Madden 11 demo. If you play on All pro settings. The AI is covering the kickoff and punt return very good and the AI also covers the flats good for the most part on All Pro settins. So again I'm almost sure he is playing on rookie or pro settings.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #21
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

I see why Steve says the timing of the audio is off in a lot of cases.

I like Gus but there are a lot of long periods where the commentary disappears. And the crowd sounds ok....WHEN they're cheering. They don't seem to be aware of the situations in-game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »