Home

Sportsgamerblog.com interview with Phil Frazier

This is a discussion on Sportsgamerblog.com interview with Phil Frazier within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Sportsgamerblog.com interview with Phil Frazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
If done right it shouldn't matter. Online or offline should be identical, both should be improved and one should not out weigh the other.
Well so long as both offline and online franchise mode gets the same attention and get the big improvements people are looking forward to for both of them. I woud be a happy camper for the most part.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Amazing they had never cut a demo with commentary before...I'd say it did them more harm then good!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
As an offline franchise guy I liked what I heard Viper.
They have already started working on career modes.

Now this sounds great but it's very different to what Ian was saying in his last interview so I don't know what to make of it really.
I think Phil hasn't been on the forums in awhile. The people here expect EVERYTHING for franchise so there's not much that he can up with outside of an expansion mode that we wouldn't have already put on a list somewhere.

Count me in on not having any clue what we'll be getting in 2012 but I have to wonder if the announcement that nothing happened this year was a good move on their part. With the exception of progression and busts/gems last year, the mode has been largely untouched since the last gen so if they just went about did the usual tweaks they wouldn't be getting so much slack on the front end but the real problem is the expectation it sets for 2012.

They are raising their bar high on this one and the track record that precedes them isn't exactly spotless. I would say its going to be an extreme case of hit or miss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #12
Rookie

uiucjpo's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Amazing they had never cut a demo with commentary before...I'd say it did them more harm then good!
Very true. I'm shocked they did this. Its a very poor marketing plan to showcase a stripped down feature. People just think it wasn't done right. Most don't know some of it was removed to fit in a download.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Thanks for posting this bro.
You're welcome.

I had a few issues with the demo and wanted to ask some questions that I hadn't heard addressed in the things that I had read to this point.

Madden 10 was a huge turnaround for the series and I'm really curious to see where they would go with this years edition.

Right now, I'm just not sure...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »