Home

I hate how I hate Gus Johnson..

This is a discussion on I hate how I hate Gus Johnson.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: I hate how I hate Gus Johnson..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
He's better than last year's guy. Still, though, he's too excited. He says things like, "JOHNSON! .... back to recieve the kick. JOHNSON! ... returned the ball to IT LOOKS LIKE! the 21 yard line."

EA needs to grab Mike Patrick. He used to do ESPN Sunday Night Football several years ago, and he and Randy Cross did the commentary for QBC '99, which was light years ahead of Madden in the commentary department. He's got a great voice and passion for calling games that doesn't come across as corny.
Ha, the first paragraph made me lol.

Anyways, it's at least nice to see them showing some expression now once in a while.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #10
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I still rather hear Pat Summerall
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
However, regardless, they have the ESPN license, they could have got Tirico or whoever is calling MNF this year. Then they could use the ESPN graphics and at least improve the presentation.
I would love it if they had Tirico on there and toss in Gruden too. I love them together on MNF and maybe sprinkle some Jaws in there. I agree with a previous post about Gus' excitement. His voice is just all over the place and the excitement never flows and feels forced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Again, I wouldn't judge on the demo, guys. It's the first demo they've even put audio into...I think it's a given it's gonna suck.
It's not just the demo. thre is another thread with footage of the retail copy. the audio they took out is more along the line of crowd noise, etc. I don't really have a big problem with Gus Johnson, it's EA presentation logic/AI what ever that's terrible.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:16 PM   #13
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwsFoe
I would love it if they had Tirico on there and toss in Gruden too. I love them together on MNF and maybe sprinkle some Jaws in there. I agree with a previous post about Gus' excitement. His voice is just all over the place and the excitement never flows and feels forced.
No way i can't stand jaws,compared to guys on FOX or CBS the ESPN guys are awful in my opinion.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

man, i hate how he does the little scary voice like hes a monster "simp-LER! quick-ER!, DEEP-er"

they have it at the 21! yard line

he is way to excited...cris collinsworth is just plain boring and seems like he is just to much of a know it all

someone go get me pat summerall and john madden
Old 08-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
It's not just the demo. thre is another thread with footage of the retail copy. the audio they took out is more along the line of crowd noise, etc. I don't really have a big problem with Gus Johnson, it's EA presentation logic/AI what ever that's terrible.

I agree that it isn't Gus, it's EA. The commentary is very behind the times, they have almost made zero strides with commentary (I'm not talking about who is actually announcing) since the first PS2 Madden.

I listened to a game called by Tom Hammond and I thought he was going to be terrible based on Madden. However, he was fairly decent it was just Madden that made him sound so bad. It's not them it's the company.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #16
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

To be fair, I really don't like Tom Hammond. One of the worst called games, from a TV point of view [not refs] was last year's Jets Bengals playoff game. Tom Hammond, Joe Gibbs and Joe Thiseman? Wow. Bore-ing

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-02-2010 at 08:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »