Home

All Madden 11 Playbooks Here

This is a discussion on All Madden 11 Playbooks Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 10:56 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: All Madden 11 Playbooks Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
That may be, but before he died Bill Walsh talked about how the spread was the antithesis of the west coast offense, and that to run the offense keeping a TE on the field, and the QB under center was a very big part of the offense. And since we're talking about the west coast offense, rather than NFL offenses in general, I'd believe that Walsh's comments warrant consideration to anyone who is seriously interested in the NFL.
Exactly. The Niners never used shotgun when Walsh (or Seifert for that matter) was there. Walsh hated the shotgun. Felt it disrupted timing too much.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
Ummmmmm you could not be more incorrect. Im not sure if i can post vidoes, or links but ATL most def ran full house the last 2 years. I remember Roddy White caught a long pass from the full house at the 1 min mark in the video in the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP8su...layer_embedded

I had to fight hard for EA to add the full house in M10. ATL does use it quite a bit

And this is coming from a falcon fan as well, i have been one since 02
Yes, 02, the Vick era when the full house was first installed. Of course you would remember it from then. A guess of how many times we run full house in a year

I saw full house twice in that video....a video from Matt Ryan's ROOKIE season. We do not regularly use that formation enough for it to be in Madden. If anything it should be an extension of plays out of an off-set I formation, because that's how often we run it. Do

You sound worse than EA at this point. Justifying something because you see it ran two times. That formation is not that prominent to give it consideration in the Falcons playbook. It's the reason I dont even use the Falcons playbook and have been running with Chicago's playbook since 08.

Put it this way....Full House formation is deeeeeeeeeeeeep down in our playbook. You showed me that we have run it albeit 2-3 years ago....kudos....but I'd rather see more out of the singleback formation, I formation, and strong/weak I formation rather than putting in a fullhouse.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:57 AM   #19
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

The Jags' playbook is pretty much untouched. The Pats' playbook looks really good.

For the Jags, just like last year, they don't even have a WR Screen. That's unacceptable. EVERY NFL team has some kind of WR screen, and the Jags throw a ton of them to Mike Thomas. Unless I missed it, it looks like they're missing out again. All of their plays are the generic ones, with nothing that is team specific.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:48 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 14

EA's football staff haven't quite figured out that most plays are called like this

1) The Play
2) The Formation

Most plays are the same in most formations. It is more about matchups.

I hate not being able to have my own formations in the game. I want to use a two back system. Kevin Mack/Earnest Byner like.

But no way to do that in EA games.....drives me so crazy!
Old 08-06-2010, 03:16 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 7

I like emulating a college offense with all kinds of end arounds and motions and playactions and a whole lot of spread offense.

So last year I used NO and Arizona mostly, they seemed to have both lost alot of their end around plays which Is disappointing. I may try the Seahawks this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 06:07 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krunk4u
Yes, 02, the Vick era when the full house was first installed. Of course you would remember it from then. A guess of how many times we run full house in a year

I saw full house twice in that video....a video from Matt Ryan's ROOKIE season. We do not regularly use that formation enough for it to be in Madden. If anything it should be an extension of plays out of an off-set I formation, because that's how often we run it. Do

You sound worse than EA at this point. Justifying something because you see it ran two times. That formation is not that prominent to give it consideration in the Falcons playbook. It's the reason I dont even use the Falcons playbook and have been running with Chicago's playbook since 08.

Put it this way....Full House formation is deeeeeeeeeeeeep down in our playbook. You showed me that we have run it albeit 2-3 years ago....kudos....but I'd rather see more out of the singleback formation, I formation, and strong/weak I formation rather than putting in a fullhouse.
Do you even hear yourself, u said earlier that ATL does not and have not ran anything from the full house since 05, and you were wrong. And then u say that video really proves nothing becuz it came from Matt Ryans rookie year. Hello!! the falcons playbook in madden didnt have the full house in M09 (as far as I remember) and they put it in for 2010 (after ryans rookie year)

and my man IT WAS A HIGHLIGHT VIDEO. how many plays from full house do you think would be highlight material. Thats like saying nobody uses the goaline formation becuz you dont see it used in a highlight that isnt taking place on the goaline or some sort of 4th and 1

And then you say that they dont use it much. I beg to differ. They used it a good amount while in the red zone in ryans rookie year. And wouldnt you think that with all the RB injuries that they had in 09 that they wouldnt step into it that much....mmmmhhhmmmm. And i do knw that they used it in 09 but im not going to waste my time trying to find it. Not to many full house runs are highlight material, dont you agree

And when u say you want more singleback in the playbook, in fact ian and crew cut out 3 singleback formations from last year (idk why) but they have cut every teams plays down. And the full house has 12 plays in it (3 more than last year)....i myself would have left it at 9 plays but hey....they added sweep and power o and a pass...how can i argue with more diverse runs
Old 08-06-2010, 06:13 AM   #23
Banned

NILAMO24's Arena

OVR: 1

I love that they incorporated the WR bubble screens to welker in the NE playbook. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #24
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Speaking of full house, the Bengals ran the full house last year also and tight slots from the shotgun quite a bit. Both, I was looking forward to seeing this year, but...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »