Home

Player Progression In Franchise Mode.

This is a discussion on Player Progression In Franchise Mode. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #169
Rookie

Deelron's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Player Progression In Franchise Mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal093
did you read the post that someone took from EA a few pages back? if not i think you should. nobody seems to be talking about his idea. i think it incorporates MANY of the things you want, while also incorporating what others want. It ALMOST seems like the perfect idea.
EDIT: ok so i found the exact page. EVERYONE(if you have not read it) go to page 13 and look for a long post by REEJER that starts out "i found this on the EA site". now read that and tell me ONE way(not nickpicking extrememely because its not going to be perfect for everyone) that the quoted post he posted from someone on the EA forums doesn't satisfy everyone's needs that are going CRAZY on this forum. Am i really alone on thinking this idea is like seeing the light???
Yes I read it, and basing progression based on performance in any way at all is backwards. Players don't get better because they won the Super Bowl, they won the Super Bowl because the team actually performed better to begin with. Speaking from a simulation standpoint, the teams with the higher ratings, when untouched by human players, should preform better then teams with lower ones, and in a system that's rewarding things like "Super Bowl appearances" and "team chemistry" (which is typically short for winning, teams who win tend to have less problems being around people they don't like) merely lead to the successful teams staying more successful and the bottom teams remaining at the bottom.

You have to take the human element out of progression, it's about making the CPU competitive 5-10 seasons in as opposed to human run franchises who are able to stock up so many great players its to easy.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #170
Rookie

Deelron's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
If you are going to say 26 year-old players should lose speed, then it has to be for CPU players as well, and it is not!
Right the CPU players should lose as well, that's why it's a step in the right direction, not a full move there.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #171
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelron
Right the CPU players should lose as well, that's why it's a step in the right direction, not a full move there.
How many 26 year old players in real football do you see losing speed? I am talking defensive ends and OLB. Actually, you can throw in all positions. I simply wrote what I saw--and not one CPU player lost speed under 30 years old. A step in the right direction depends on where you think that first step should move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #172
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
How many 26 year old players in real football do you see losing speed? I am talking defensive ends and OLB. Actually, you can throw in all positions. I simply wrote what I saw--and not one CPU player lost speed under 30 years old. A step in the right direction depends on where you think that first step should move.
Losing speed is (or should be) entirely possible regardless of the players age. Could be due to injuries... or just lack of motivation.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #173
Banned

OVR: 5

Players shouldn't lose speed at 26. That's really there prime.

Unless they incorporate a speed, agility lose due to some kinds of injuries, like you said.

It would be nice if they could also incorporate the players speed, agility improving each month after these certain injuries have healed enough for the player to participate in practices and games.

Some knee injuries, a player will heal enough to play in 8-10 months, but they may still be improving there speed, agility during a whole year of playing time before they are completely past the effects of the injury.

If you want ratings to drop at 26 because of the athletes lack of work ethic, then that needs to be a rating in the game. And I'm all for it.

I say no to stats based progression.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:00 PM   #174
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointNumberOne
Losing speed is (or should be) entirely possible regardless of the players age. Could be due to injuries... or just lack of motivation.
There were no injuries and your "lack of motivation" only applies to my players, cpu players did not lose speed in that age group. The progression thing is completely nonsensical, in my most humble opinion. Other opinions may vary, and to each his own.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #175
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thumbs down Re: Player Progression In Franchise Mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointNumberOne
Losing speed without injury at 26 is laughable. I agree do to injuries yes but not due to old age.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #176
Rookie

OVR: 2

i think that madden should make progression a setting. it could either be based on stats or the players potential rating. the user can decide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »