Home

Playing Madden NFL 10 instead of 11

This is a discussion on Playing Madden NFL 10 instead of 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Playing Madden NFL 10 instead of 11

I don't currently own any Madden games, I haven't bought new since 07 for PS2. My questions are, if I get '10 for PS3 instead of '11:

How long before they shut down the online servers?
Is there any way to get third party roster updates (made by fans) for this upcoming season?

I don't see much difference in Madden 11, as usual, other than a new glorified Ask Madden and Gus Johnson. I read somewhere they are going to revamp franchise next year so I guess I will wait it out to see what they do next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Playing Madden NFL 10 instead of 11

Here's where you can get a roster update for the 2010 season.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hise-file.html
Old 08-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The difference from Madden 10 to 11 isn't visually apparent on videos but I can tell you it's worlds better in how it plays and feels. Not to mention looks when you're in the actual game. I would highly advise anyone considering just sticking with 10 to reconsider, Madden 11 is much, much better. If nothing else go rent it and you'll see what I mean.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The difference from Madden 10 to 11 isn't visually apparent on videos but I can tell you it's worlds better in how it plays and feels. Not to mention looks when you're in the actual game. I would highly advise anyone considering just sticking with 10 to reconsider, Madden 11 is much, much better. If nothing else go rent it and you'll see what I mean.
To me that's not worth 60. I'm a franchise guy, and we've been stuck with the same franchise mode for the last however many years. In fact the only "improvements" are the re-additions of things they took out on next gen.

If they do revamp it next year I will check it out, till then I'm not willing to throw down 60 bucks for a slightly different look or feel.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

So major improvements in how the actual game plays doesn't mean much to you? I understand the issue you have with the franchise showing a lack of refinement or improvement, and I agree 100% it needs addressed, but wouldn't the actual game playing much better and more fun be a huge improvement to franchise in itself? Or do you just sim all of your games? Because if you sim all or most of your games then I completely see where you're coming from. Otherwise, not so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #6
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Plus you can get for less than $60...either by trade-ins, Wal-Mart giving $20 gift card, Amazon doing the same, etc...
Old 08-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #7
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

It's clear where this thread is going. To answer the OP question, I'm not sure how anyone here would know when the M10 servers will be shut down. Try emailing EA Sports.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »