Home

Madden NFL 11 Q&A With Ian Cummings (Examiner)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Q&A With Ian Cummings (Examiner) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 11 Q&A With Ian Cummings (Examiner)

Examiner has posted an interview with Ian Cummings, Creative Director of Madden NFL 11.

Quote:
Q: "How far removed is the Madden 11 demo from the final build in areas such as CPU adaption to user playcalling and gameplay?"

A: "The demo is about 5 weeks removed from final gameplay code in the retail game, not counting any issues that we may be addressing in title updates."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Nice short interview. I wish somebody would ask about presentation and if/when they plan on making changes.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
Rookie

steelernation28's Arena

OVR: 21
Finally someone not throwing softball questions. Nice
Old 08-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 11 Q&A With Ian Cummings (Examiner)

look at that pic in the OP.....now THAT's how a DB should play a ball....not jumping straight up--back/head to the ball knocking the ball down.

better late than never
Old 08-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
look at that pic in the OP.....now THAT's how a DB should play a ball....not jumping straight up--back/head to the ball knocking the ball down.

better late than never
I hope that is how it is 90% of the time rather than the blind batting of the ball! lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Yeah but..What about any changes to the offline franchise mode, I would of liked to of heard about that. Would of liked to heard some more on team play and how that goes with ranked games and how many to a team.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
5. GameFlow on the defensive side of the ball. Let's say I have an opponent who has decided to be tricky and put a WR in at HB/TE or a HB/TE in at WR to throw off how GameFlow reads the offensive huddle. Is there going to be any way to account for this or will this simply be a way for the offense to pull someone completely out of their GameFlow playcalling?

Ian: Remember, GameFlow is built for quicker and simpler Madden experience. The situation you describe above is what I’d expect to see from an advanced Madden gamer that is possibly trying to cheese you or the game (i.e. a WR at HB is an attempt to create a major mismatch). If you are playing a very advanced Madden gamer that is trying to exploit you, I can’t imagine that you’d want to delegate all your playcalling duties away...you’re going to want to try and make more manual adjustments with formation subs and pre-play adjustments to combat him.

didn't really answer this question

Quote:
6. Everyone appears to be very pleased with Locomotion gameplay in the Madden 11 demo. It's like a little throwback to the feel of the old PS2 days and everyone loves that. But it also seems like gang tackling is different. Did Locomotion have an effect on the Pro-Tak logic or is Pro-Tak gone altogether?
Quote:

Ian: We are very happy with the feel of locomotion as well. The two actually aren’t related really…and Pro-Tak is still very much active.
i would really really like to hear more about this, especially the gangtackling.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Nice Q&A with Ian. But wasn't real happy with the franchise question. It still seems to me online franchise is going be the main focus going into madden 12. I really hope offline franchise mode will get equal attention like online franchise mode will. If not then EA will have alot of angry and upset fans of offline franchise mode later on. But good interview. Thank you Ian and Steveo for posting it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »