Home

This Year Feels Weird

This is a discussion on This Year Feels Weird within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 01:40 AM   #17
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: This Year Feels Weird

Even though I buy Madden every year I really never play it enough to get my moneys worth. Once NHL 11 comes out I will play that non stop. Also now that I just bought a PS3 I no longer have to play MLB 2k and can play The Show which I have played a crap load. The two games I love playing the most are no question hockey and baseball. I just pray to god NHL 11 is a million times better that NHL 10 otherwise maybe I will be playing more of NCAA and Madden 11.

I'm watching ESPN and I keep seeing this Verizon wireless NFL commercial and it is really getting me pumped for the NFL season. The more that happens the more I get excited for madden.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:16 AM   #18
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

OVR: 29

I almost wanted to pass on the game... I am not nearly as excited as last year. But I will get the game none-the-less.

OS
VETS Madden League:
Vets Bowl V,VII,IX Champion (Bengals)

Old 08-07-2010, 03:34 AM   #19
Rookie

The Real Ma$$ive's Arena

OVR: 17

I too was ready to pass on the game. But after closer inspection, I think the game has made a great improvement in the game play department.

The initial shock of seeing a few of the same animations made you assume that not much has changed, but there is a lot of game play changes that take place on that field this year.
https://youtube.com/@GamingEntertain...m6O_Ib1XywTMwF
---------------------------------------------

Old 08-07-2010, 04:09 AM   #20
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Shrug. I pre-ordered it, but it feels like Madden 10.5 to me.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:51 AM   #21
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
Shrug. I pre-ordered it, but it feels like Madden 10.5 to me.
i agree with you. That is why my excitement for this one is lower than other years. But hopefully. The game turns out better than the demo

OS
VETS Madden League:
Vets Bowl V,VII,IX Champion (Bengals)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 07:09 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Am I the only one that just isn't excited about Madden this year? Typically, within a week of release day I am getting juiced for some NFL video game action. This year just feels different...

I bought NCAA and have played it constantly and love almost every minute of it. However, I have absolutely ZERO desire to even play Madden this year.

Anyone feeling similarly?

Yeah i feel ya bro i did pre order madden but ncaa this year made my jaw drop its so damn good

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21
Old 08-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Totally agree. Madden looks so boring this year. And the videos I've seen of the retail look just plain cheesy. I go through this every year and still buy it. Then after about 3 weeks I find myself forcing myself to play games. I absolutely love NCAA though.

So this year I'll GF Madden, and then when I'm bored in a few weeks I can just ship it back.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Am I the only one that just isn't excited about Madden this year? Typically, within a week of release day I am getting juiced for some NFL video game action. This year just feels different...

I bought NCAA and have played it constantly and love almost every minute of it. However, I have absolutely ZERO desire to even play Madden this year.

Anyone feeling similarly?
I could've posted this. This is exactly how I feel as well.

I dunno, Madden 10 was such a giant leap over past versions, that I picked it up before work the following Wednesday after release, a first for me.

This year, though, I'm not feeling it. Sure, the demo looks great, but take away Gus, and it still feels like M10.5.

I'm gonna see what they do for M12. If it's the same ole, same ole, I'll pass yet again....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »