Home

This Year Feels Weird

This is a discussion on This Year Feels Weird within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #25
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: This Year Feels Weird

NCAA is not really that good to me , so madden is my last hope im, not really hype for it tho ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #26
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I guess part of it comes down to what you want out of the game. I liked a lot of things done to Madden 10, however, the pursuit angles killed the game for me. I would occasionally put the disc back in my tray, see a big run by the user or computer and look at the embarassing pursuit on the replay that let it happen and have to shelve it again. Madden 11 in a number of ways may be 10.5, but so far it looks like I will actually play it this year. Overall, I am enjoying so far. The poor presentation sticks out like a sore thumb, deep ball coverage/reaction needs a patch, and the more I play the more I notice the lack of "consecutive hit tackles." Nothing has been a game killer for me yet though. This comming week while everyone else starts to get the game I think I will be switching back and forth between Madden and NCAA while I wait for a patch, updated rosters, and slider threads to pop up.

I kind of hate to say it, but the Madden 11 retail copy makes madden 12 look promising. you can really see and feel the direction the game has gone under Ian and co. Overall, he has been good for the game. With a franchise and presentation overhaul, along with more game play adjustments, Madden may become the great Next-Gen game we were hoping for 6 years ago... finally.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

the demo was good..
Old 08-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 25

I'm in a different boat than all of you to be honest..

last year I was *stoked* for Madden due to the long-awaited return of COACH MODE..

i was ready to do all the franchise like in the 'glory days but real life threw me a curveball and i got hella busy to the point i didn't get past week 1 of regular season... so basically, I have Madden 10 but never played it

I downloaded the demo of 11, wasn't too thrilled with it to be honest.. in fact, Graphics look like it took a step back from 10

i downloaded the updated post-draft franchise file from Iverson, loaded up madden 10 and immediately loved it.. it just feels better as a game overall than 11

so yeah, 11 is on my rental queue but right now is not a must-buy unless the retail gameplay/animation/graphics is better than 10

but right now i'd say 10 < 11
Old 08-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 8

I could've gotten it already for $40 and passed it up...just seems so 'meh' to me. Next year sounds much better...
Old 08-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm more pumped for madden than ever, and I am approaching my gaming prime.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Anyone feeling similarly?
no i've never played a college sports video game nor do i ever plan to
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

Even though NCAA 11 looks good, NCAA games don't anything for me.
Its hard for me to do a dynasty in a game where my bet player is going to leave after 4yrs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »